Al Behrman, Associated Press
President Barack Obama and British Prime Minster David Cameron attended Tuesday's Western Kentucky-Mississippi Valley State NCAA Tournament play-in game.
Why Obama chose to entertain a foreign leader at a fringe tournament game is anyone's guess. But it also raises two other questions.
First, did Cameron really say: "Splendid! I love watching the lads tussle on the pitch!" (No, but he did say it was "hard to follow sometimes exactly who's doing what wrong.")
And speaking of Brits and basketball, is it true Cameron is president and founder of the John Amaechi fan club?
WKU erased a 16-point second-half deficit to beat MVSU. Later, BYU made a 25-point comeback, largest in tournament history.
Apparently Obama wants to hook up with anyone who can stage a big comeback.
CBS announcer Clark Kellogg interviewed the two heads of state at halftime, asking Obama to break down the first 20 minutes.
Isn't having the president comment on basketball like having Charles Barkley comment on foreign policy or the budget deficit?
As if that's never happened.
Adidas, the sports shoe maker, has outdone itself this time. It's now in the cowboy boot-making business.
Designer Jeremy Scott has fashioned a shoe that includes the famous three stripes and a basketball heel, but also a calf shaft and pull tabs.
Many say the shoes are ugly, though sources say Karl Malone thinks they're terrific and wants to know why nobody thought of this before.
Despite a labor dispute, the Arena Football League was set to roll, until an Orlando Predators-Pittsburgh Power game took a detour.
Before the game occurred, the owners of both teams decided to cut their entire rosters and fill them with replacement players.
That's pretty much what Larry Krystkowiak did with the Utes, isn't it?
K ... R ... Z ...
ESPN has announced it will televise the National Spelling Bee.
Exactly why a sports network would air a spelling bee is unclear, unless the grand prize-winning word is Krzyzewski.
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- NFL to interview Matthew, Peppers, Harrison...
- North Carolina AD: School will respond to...
- Championship ring: President calls Cavs coach...
- Items owned by gangster 'Whitey' Bulger to be...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 164
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 70
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 40
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 34
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 20
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 20