Carlo Allegri, file, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Actress Charlize Theron is a mother: The actress has adopted a child.
In a statement to The Associated Press on Wednesday, Theron's publicist said the actress is a "proud mom of a healthy baby boy named Jackson."
No more details were provided.
Theron is from South Africa. This is the actress' first child.
The 36-year-old won an Academy Award for her role as serial killer Aileen Wuornos in 2003's "Monster."
She was also nominated for an Oscar for 2005's "North Country."
Mesfin Fekadu covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow him at http://www.twitter.com/musicmesfin
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- Second man arrested trying to enter White...
- After vote to stay in UK, Scots must heal divide
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- Italian village honoring pilots of WWII US...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 15
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 8
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- New Jersey loses 4th casino as Trump... 5
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5