Carlo Allegri, file, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Actress Charlize Theron is a mother: The actress has adopted a child.
In a statement to The Associated Press on Wednesday, Theron's publicist said the actress is a "proud mom of a healthy baby boy named Jackson."
No more details were provided.
Theron is from South Africa. This is the actress' first child.
The 36-year-old won an Academy Award for her role as serial killer Aileen Wuornos in 2003's "Monster."
She was also nominated for an Oscar for 2005's "North Country."
Mesfin Fekadu covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow him at http://www.twitter.com/musicmesfin
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- Oscar Pistorius starts serving 5-year prison...
- Jodi Arias sentencing retrial opens in Arizona
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Lower gas prices could mean economic impact...
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex marriage
- Fire exposes illegal Chinese factories in Italy
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 53
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8