Tom Smart, Deseret News
Novelist Margaret Mitchell who wrote the masterpiece "Gone With the Wind," when asked what her book was about said, "Survival," and that survivors have a quality called "gumption."
Once again, it would really be great if some of our legislators had gumption to resist Utah Eagle Forum president Gayle Ruzicka and her group. I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering how she amasses her power every year. Anything she is for or against, I'm the opposite of.
Rep. Carol Spackman Moss of Holladay is 100 percent correct when she says Gov. Gary Herbert should veto Sex-Ed Bill HB363. I agree with her that more teenage pregnancies will likely lead to abortion and sexually transmitted diseases among young people. It would really be great to see our legislators have more of that gumption Scarlett O'Hara had.
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible for...
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 48
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 38
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 25
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 23
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 21
- Michael Gerson: Religious... 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 17