Tom Smart, Deseret News
Novelist Margaret Mitchell who wrote the masterpiece "Gone With the Wind," when asked what her book was about said, "Survival," and that survivors have a quality called "gumption."
Once again, it would really be great if some of our legislators had gumption to resist Utah Eagle Forum president Gayle Ruzicka and her group. I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering how she amasses her power every year. Anything she is for or against, I'm the opposite of.
Rep. Carol Spackman Moss of Holladay is 100 percent correct when she says Gov. Gary Herbert should veto Sex-Ed Bill HB363. I agree with her that more teenage pregnancies will likely lead to abortion and sexually transmitted diseases among young people. It would really be great to see our legislators have more of that gumption Scarlett O'Hara had.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Republicans and Democrats agree, in part, on...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 82
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 49
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36