Tom Smart, Deseret News
Novelist Margaret Mitchell who wrote the masterpiece "Gone With the Wind," when asked what her book was about said, "Survival," and that survivors have a quality called "gumption."
Once again, it would really be great if some of our legislators had gumption to resist Utah Eagle Forum president Gayle Ruzicka and her group. I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering how she amasses her power every year. Anything she is for or against, I'm the opposite of.
Rep. Carol Spackman Moss of Holladay is 100 percent correct when she says Gov. Gary Herbert should veto Sex-Ed Bill HB363. I agree with her that more teenage pregnancies will likely lead to abortion and sexually transmitted diseases among young people. It would really be great to see our legislators have more of that gumption Scarlett O'Hara had.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 27
- Letter: No limits 20
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 20
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 19