The Milwaukee Bucks agreed to trade Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson to the Golden State Warriors, a person with direct knowledge of the deal said Tuesday night.
The Bucks will receive guard Monta Ellis, forward Ekpe Udoh and center Kwame Brown, the person confirmed to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been announced. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported the deal on its website Tuesday night.
Speaking before Golden State's game at Sacramento, Ellis said he and Udoh were headed back to Oakland.
"It's not a bad thing, man," Ellis said. "Not at all. We are going to another team to do the same thing we love to do. I'm riding back home with him."
GASOL FOR BOOZER? The Bulls and Lakers had exploratory trade talks centered on All-Star center Pau Gasol, league sources confirmed. However, multiple obstacles exist for any deal to occur before Thursday's deadline.
The talks, first reported by ESPN.com's Marc Stein, were driven at least in part by Arn Tellem, the shared agent of Gasol and Derrick Rose. Tellem has had a longstanding strong relationship with Bulls Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf.
Sending Carlos Boozer and C.J. Watson to the Lakers would satisfy trade provisions under the collective bargaining agreement.
HOWARD DOESN'T WANT TRADE: Dwight Howard propelled the Orlando Magic to a big victory Tuesday. Then he put the pressure on Magic officials. After Howard led his (current) team to a 104-98 win over the Heat, Howard said he doesn't want the Magic to deal him before Thursday's 1 p.m. MDT NBA trade deadline.
ROSE FINED: The NBA has fined Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose $25,000 for criticizing officiating.
Rose sounded off after a 104-99 victory over the New York Knicks on Monday, saying he's "got to be the only superstar in the league that's going through what I'm going through right now."
Rose scored 32 points, but attempted just nine free throws even though he absorbed contact from defenders all night.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Utah Jazz: Better game but same losing result...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Prognosticating, for fun, a bright BYU...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 101
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 55
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 38
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 36
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34