Gerald Herbert, Associated Press
LAFAYETTE, La. — Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, the winner in primaries in Alabama and Mississippi, is calling on conservatives to pull together.
Santorum's message is clear. While he didn't name rival Newt Gingrich, he is telling conservatives that it's time to rally around someone who can beat President Barack Obama in the general election. Santorum is offering himself as that person.
Santorum beat Gingrich and GOP front-runner Mitt Romney in Alabama and Mississippi in primaries held Tuesday.
- Rubber chickens, afros and clowns: A look at...
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Steven Powell ordered to serve more jail time...
- 35 arrested in Oakland after protest march
- Ferguson protesters across US peaceful,...
- These two things are helping California's...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- In Britain, US turkey dinner is big for business
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Ferguson businesses torched in... 17
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Obama heads to Chicago to pitch... 13
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 12