Gerald Herbert, Associated Press
LAFAYETTE, La. — Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, the winner in primaries in Alabama and Mississippi, is calling on conservatives to pull together.
Santorum's message is clear. While he didn't name rival Newt Gingrich, he is telling conservatives that it's time to rally around someone who can beat President Barack Obama in the general election. Santorum is offering himself as that person.
Santorum beat Gingrich and GOP front-runner Mitt Romney in Alabama and Mississippi in primaries held Tuesday.
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land in...
- US, Arab allies hit IS strongholds in Syria,...
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- Where do we draw the line on spanking?
- Police say rifle carried by ambush suspect found
- Obama scores coalition victory with Arab strikes
- Islamic State group calls for attacking...
- Private actions are company business
- Obama scores coalition victory with... 20
- Where do we draw the line on spanking? 16
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 14
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land... 11
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 10
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 9
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9