Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — With Thursday's deadline approaching, Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor admitted the team is "actively looking" at trade scenarios.
"In the job that I have, one of the responsibilities is to improve the team," O'Connor said. "Now you can't improve the team without looking to make trades, and that's what we do. There's 29 other guys that have the same responsibilities to their teams, and they do the same thing. There's a lot of conversations."
O'Connor noted that not much trading has gone on yet around the logjammed NBA. But he likes the Jazz's "flexibility" approaching this deadline and in the offseason.
"We're active. We're listening," O'Connor said. "We're aggressive in trying to talk (about) things."
O'Connor has ownership's blessing to pursue deals, but he re-emphasized that the Jazz aren't looking for temporary benefits.
"It would have to be something long term," he said.
Trading during this condensed season can be tricky, he pointed out. Players would only have about 20 games with their new team without much practice time.
"I hope the one thing that we do do is we don't get names out or possible scenarios out or anything else out," O'Connor added, "because I think it hurts players."
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 38
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 19