AUSTIN, Texas — Jay-Z may have 99 problems, but getting to the venue ain't one.
The rapper brought the beat to South By Southwest, but not before he needed a police escort to make it from the airport to the show on time.
Jay-Z played a hits-filled set for a standing room-only crowd after flying in late Monday afternoon. He was on the town with his wife, Beyonce, in New York City the night before to see fellow SXSW participant The-Dream, perhaps explaining his late arrival in Texas.
The show at the Austin City Limits Live venue marked the end of South By Southwest's interactive conference and an unofficial start to South By Southwest's music conference, which gets under way on Tuesday.
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- Former South African President Nelson Mandela...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Disgraced priest to wed pope adviser's daughter
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 103
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 29
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 28
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Research: Native American genes have... 23