AUSTIN, Texas — Jay-Z may have 99 problems, but getting to the venue ain't one.
The rapper brought the beat to South By Southwest, but not before he needed a police escort to make it from the airport to the show on time.
Jay-Z played a hits-filled set for a standing room-only crowd after flying in late Monday afternoon. He was on the town with his wife, Beyonce, in New York City the night before to see fellow SXSW participant The-Dream, perhaps explaining his late arrival in Texas.
The show at the Austin City Limits Live venue marked the end of South By Southwest's interactive conference and an unofficial start to South By Southwest's music conference, which gets under way on Tuesday.
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- Witnesses at Utah trial: No security-camera...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Witness: More Oklahoma bombing videos may exist
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Ginsburg: High court won't 'duck' gay marriage
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 50
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 45
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 33
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 26
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 21
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 20
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 14