Bell, Jefferson didn't participate in this morning's shootaround, will play tonight
SALT LAKE CITY For completely different reasons, Raja Bell and Al Jefferson didn't participate in this morning's shootaround.
But both will play and start for the Utah Jazz tonight against the Detroit Pistons.
Jefferson's family is in mourning after his grandmother passed away in his hometown of Prentiss, Miss. Big Al said she would want him to play tonight, and he plans on going in her honor.
He also hopes to attend her funeral in Mississippi on Friday, a day off for the Jazz.
As for Bell, the shooting guard was allowed to rejoin the team after being sent home by Tyrone Corbin for a postgame dispute he had with the Jazz coach.
Bell met with Corbin and general manager Kevin O'Connor following shootaround, and both sides came out saying the heart-to-heart session went well.
Bell underwent an MRI this afternoon on his left knee, but he feels well enough to play.
Despite the conflict, Corbin decided to start his 35-year-old veteran again tonight.
The Jazz's first five also includes point guard Devin Harris, who missed Saturday's game with stomach flu, small forward Josh Howard, power forward Paul Millsap and Jefferson.
Utah (19-21) is hoping to snap a two-game skid that gave it a 2-3 record on its road trip last week.
Detroit (15-26) has won three in a row.
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- NFL to interview Matthew, Peppers, Harrison...
- Items owned by gangster 'Whitey' Bulger to be...
- World doping watchdog shuts down Rio Olympic...
- AP source: Irving, Barnes finish US Olympic...
- Federer out to turn around frustrating season...
- With 1-0 loss to Colombia, US finishes 4th in...
- Ipsen, Hixon get Olympic 3-meter spots,...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 164
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 41
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 35
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 24
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19