Bell, Jefferson didn't participate in this morning's shootaround, will play tonight
SALT LAKE CITY For completely different reasons, Raja Bell and Al Jefferson didn't participate in this morning's shootaround.
But both will play and start for the Utah Jazz tonight against the Detroit Pistons.
Jefferson's family is in mourning after his grandmother passed away in his hometown of Prentiss, Miss. Big Al said she would want him to play tonight, and he plans on going in her honor.
He also hopes to attend her funeral in Mississippi on Friday, a day off for the Jazz.
As for Bell, the shooting guard was allowed to rejoin the team after being sent home by Tyrone Corbin for a postgame dispute he had with the Jazz coach.
Bell met with Corbin and general manager Kevin O'Connor following shootaround, and both sides came out saying the heart-to-heart session went well.
Bell underwent an MRI this afternoon on his left knee, but he feels well enough to play.
Despite the conflict, Corbin decided to start his 35-year-old veteran again tonight.
The Jazz's first five also includes point guard Devin Harris, who missed Saturday's game with stomach flu, small forward Josh Howard, power forward Paul Millsap and Jefferson.
Utah (19-21) is hoping to snap a two-game skid that gave it a 2-3 record on its road trip last week.
Detroit (15-26) has won three in a row.
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby player...
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes are...
- Business-like Real Salt Lake stops Kreis in...
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders weigh in...
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 42
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 41
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 32
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Morning links: SI features Frank... 11
- Morning links: Who are the Jazz taking... 10