Jeff Tuttle, Associated Press
WACO, Texas — Brittney Griner and undefeated Baylor are the undisputed No. 1 overall seed in the NCAA women's tournament.
The Big 12 champion Lady Bears (34-0), who could become the NCAA's first 40-win team if they win their second national title, open against Big West Conference tournament champion UC-Santa Barbara (17-15). The first-round game is Sunday at Bowling Green, Ohio.
Baylor, the 2005 national champion, made it to the Final Four two years ago in Griner's freshman season and to a regional final last year.
This is Baylor's 11th NCAA tournament, all in coach Kim Mulkey's 12 seasons.
The Lady Bears have wins this season over Connecticut and Notre Dame, also No. 1 NCAA seeds, and Tennessee, which is in the No. 2 seed in Baylor's bracket.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28