Jeff Tuttle, Associated Press
WACO, Texas — Brittney Griner and undefeated Baylor are the undisputed No. 1 overall seed in the NCAA women's tournament.
The Big 12 champion Lady Bears (34-0), who could become the NCAA's first 40-win team if they win their second national title, open against Big West Conference tournament champion UC-Santa Barbara (17-15). The first-round game is Sunday at Bowling Green, Ohio.
Baylor, the 2005 national champion, made it to the Final Four two years ago in Griner's freshman season and to a regional final last year.
This is Baylor's 11th NCAA tournament, all in coach Kim Mulkey's 12 seasons.
The Lady Bears have wins this season over Connecticut and Notre Dame, also No. 1 NCAA seeds, and Tennessee, which is in the No. 2 seed in Baylor's bracket.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 148
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27