Jeff Tuttle, Associated Press
WACO, Texas — Brittney Griner and undefeated Baylor are the undisputed No. 1 overall seed in the NCAA women's tournament.
The Big 12 champion Lady Bears (34-0), who could become the NCAA's first 40-win team if they win their second national title, open against Big West Conference tournament champion UC-Santa Barbara (17-15). The first-round game is Sunday at Bowling Green, Ohio.
Baylor, the 2005 national champion, made it to the Final Four two years ago in Griner's freshman season and to a regional final last year.
This is Baylor's 11th NCAA tournament, all in coach Kim Mulkey's 12 seasons.
The Lady Bears have wins this season over Connecticut and Notre Dame, also No. 1 NCAA seeds, and Tennessee, which is in the No. 2 seed in Baylor's bracket.
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26