Dave Martin, Associated Press
GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Having lost four of its last five games, No. 25 Florida is limping into the NCAA tournament.
And it's not just because of the walking boot on Will Yeguete's left foot.
Leading scorer Kenny Boynton is shooting 29 percent and averaging 9 points in Florida's last five games. Fellow guard Erving Walker hasn't been much better, shooting 34.5 percent from the floor and 30.7 percent from 3-point range over the same stretch. Throw in center Patric Young's inconsistency and guard Mike Rosario's suddenly diminished role and the Gators (23-10) look as vulnerable as any higher seed in the tournament field.
The late-season slump prompted the NCAA selection committee to make Florida the No. 7 seed in the West Region. The Gators will play 10th-seeded Virginia (22-9) Friday in Omaha, Neb.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 97
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 79
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 63
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43