CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — Mike Scott and fellow fifth-year senior Sammy Zeglinski were seated with coach Tony Bennett between them when the team gathered to watch the NCAA selection show.
When the Cavaliers heard their named called, Scott was the first to his feet.
The team's scoring and rebounding leader has waited a long time for his first chance at the NCAA tournament, and says he will be full of emotion when the Cavaliers are preparing to play Florida in Omaha, Neb., in the second round on Friday afternoon.
Zeglinski, too, is fired up.
He says the berth has been "a long time coming" and that in the aftermath of seeing that the Cavaliers were in, he paused to remember some of the injuries he and teammates have been through during his career.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24