file, AP Photo/ Jim Cooper
NEW YORK — It was Sunday "fun day" for Beyonce and Jay-Z: The new parents enjoyed a concert by R&B singer The-Dream in New York.
The top music couple jammed to the singer-songwriter in the VIP section of SOB's, a small club that houses a few hundred people.
The-Dream co-wrote and co-produced Beyonce's massive hit "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)." He also worked his magic on Rihanna's "Umbrella," Justin Bieber's "Baby" and "Touch My Body" by Mariah Carey.
He performed a number of his own hits Sunday night, including "Shawty Is a 10," ''Falsetto" and "I Luv Your Girl." He'll release his fourth album, "Love IV MMXII," later this year.
The Grammy winner thanked the crowd for coming out, saying: "I know some of ya'll got kids at home."
Beyonce and Jay-Z have a daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, who was born in January.
Mesfin Fekadu covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow him at www.twitter.com/musicmesfin
- 5 things to know about the Super Bowl and sex...
- US adds just 151k jobs in January; 4.9...
- Manhattan crane topples into street killing...
- Once a bromance, now a brawl: Trump and Cruz...
- Va. Tech murder suspects left few clues to...
- Florida readies for a fight with Zika virus
- This week in history: John C. Frémont is...
- Brazil health official confirm Zika spread...
- US adds just 151k jobs in January; 4.9... 27
- Cruz tops Trump in Iowa; Clinton,... 22
- Obama pushes for every child to learn... 21
- Cruz, Rubio eye NH momentum as Dems... 15
- Donald Trump calls for Iowa election... 14
- Americans are packing classes in how to... 12
- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul quits 2016 GOP... 12
- Once a bromance, now a brawl: Trump and... 10