file, AP Photo/ Jim Cooper
NEW YORK — It was Sunday "fun day" for Beyonce and Jay-Z: The new parents enjoyed a concert by R&B singer The-Dream in New York.
The top music couple jammed to the singer-songwriter in the VIP section of SOB's, a small club that houses a few hundred people.
The-Dream co-wrote and co-produced Beyonce's massive hit "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)." He also worked his magic on Rihanna's "Umbrella," Justin Bieber's "Baby" and "Touch My Body" by Mariah Carey.
He performed a number of his own hits Sunday night, including "Shawty Is a 10," ''Falsetto" and "I Luv Your Girl." He'll release his fourth album, "Love IV MMXII," later this year.
The Grammy winner thanked the crowd for coming out, saying: "I know some of ya'll got kids at home."
Beyonce and Jay-Z have a daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, who was born in January.
Mesfin Fekadu covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow him at www.twitter.com/musicmesfin
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- Top 15 states for education
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 10
- Can Obama wage war without consent of... 5
- Rare snowstorm slams Rockies states,... 5