file, AP Photo/ Jim Cooper
NEW YORK — It was Sunday "fun day" for Beyonce and Jay-Z: The new parents enjoyed a concert by R&B singer The-Dream in New York.
The top music couple jammed to the singer-songwriter in the VIP section of SOB's, a small club that houses a few hundred people.
The-Dream co-wrote and co-produced Beyonce's massive hit "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)." He also worked his magic on Rihanna's "Umbrella," Justin Bieber's "Baby" and "Touch My Body" by Mariah Carey.
He performed a number of his own hits Sunday night, including "Shawty Is a 10," ''Falsetto" and "I Luv Your Girl." He'll release his fourth album, "Love IV MMXII," later this year.
The Grammy winner thanked the crowd for coming out, saying: "I know some of ya'll got kids at home."
Beyonce and Jay-Z have a daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, who was born in January.
Mesfin Fekadu covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow him at www.twitter.com/musicmesfin
- A world apart: 2 women with birthdates in...
- Convicted killer thought fellow escapee was...
- NBC to Donald Trump: You're fired
- Oklahoma court: Ten Commandments monument...
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Judge rejects motion, clearing way for Steven...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme Court...
- Don't blink or you might miss the leap second...
- Supreme Court declares nationwide right... 188
- Religious leaders ponder next steps... 59
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 58
- White House lit in rainbow colors after... 33
- Oklahoma court: Ten Commandments... 32
- Woman removes Confederate flag in front... 25
- NBC to Donald Trump: You're fired 23
- Vandals target Confederate monuments in... 17