file, AP Photo/ Jim Cooper
NEW YORK — It was Sunday "fun day" for Beyonce and Jay-Z: The new parents enjoyed a concert by R&B singer The-Dream in New York.
The top music couple jammed to the singer-songwriter in the VIP section of SOB's, a small club that houses a few hundred people.
The-Dream co-wrote and co-produced Beyonce's massive hit "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)." He also worked his magic on Rihanna's "Umbrella," Justin Bieber's "Baby" and "Touch My Body" by Mariah Carey.
He performed a number of his own hits Sunday night, including "Shawty Is a 10," ''Falsetto" and "I Luv Your Girl." He'll release his fourth album, "Love IV MMXII," later this year.
The Grammy winner thanked the crowd for coming out, saying: "I know some of ya'll got kids at home."
Beyonce and Jay-Z have a daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, who was born in January.
Mesfin Fekadu covers entertainment for The Associated Press. Follow him at www.twitter.com/musicmesfin
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Our six heroes of 2014
- Final goodbye: A roll call of some who died...
- Ex-President George H.W. Bush to stay...
- Severe storms slam the South, killing at least 4
- Blizzard gives Hawaii summits a White Christmas
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6