SALT LAKE CITY A Florida pastor is calling on former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney to denounce his religion, calling it a "racist Mormon religion."
Rev. O'Neal Dozier, senior pastor of The Worldwide Christian Center Church on Pompano Beach and outspoken advocate of social issues, released a statement over the weekend calling on Romney, an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, to renounce his religion.
"The purpose of this request is to foster and maintain good race relations here in America," the press release says. "The Mormon religion is prejudiced against Blacks, Jews and the Native American Indians. These allegations are substantiated and validated by the writings of the former Prophets and Seers of the Mormon Church."
Read the full story at KSL.com
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Ebola kills Liberian doctor, 2 Americans...
- Northern California wildfire destroys 10 homes
- Taiwan plane crash survivor crawls out of...
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Judge rules against Donald Sterling, OKs...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- Ted Cruz demands answers on FAA flight... 16
- Varying health premium subsidy amounts... 13
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 13