SALT LAKE CITY A Florida pastor is calling on former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney to denounce his religion, calling it a "racist Mormon religion."
Rev. O'Neal Dozier, senior pastor of The Worldwide Christian Center Church on Pompano Beach and outspoken advocate of social issues, released a statement over the weekend calling on Romney, an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, to renounce his religion.
"The purpose of this request is to foster and maintain good race relations here in America," the press release says. "The Mormon religion is prejudiced against Blacks, Jews and the Native American Indians. These allegations are substantiated and validated by the writings of the former Prophets and Seers of the Mormon Church."
Read the full story at KSL.com
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Second man arrested trying to enter White...
- After vote to stay in UK, Scots must heal divide
- Italian village honoring pilots of WWII US...
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 8
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- New Jersey loses 4th casino as Trump... 5
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- US to assign 3,000 from US military to... 4