SALT LAKE CITY A Florida pastor is calling on former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney to denounce his religion, calling it a "racist Mormon religion."
Rev. O'Neal Dozier, senior pastor of The Worldwide Christian Center Church on Pompano Beach and outspoken advocate of social issues, released a statement over the weekend calling on Romney, an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, to renounce his religion.
"The purpose of this request is to foster and maintain good race relations here in America," the press release says. "The Mormon religion is prejudiced against Blacks, Jews and the Native American Indians. These allegations are substantiated and validated by the writings of the former Prophets and Seers of the Mormon Church."
Read the full story at KSL.com
- What the Senate’s tax break extensions...
- Heroes 2014: Ex-CIA officer uses...
- Bad Santa? 5 tips to tackle your holiday gift...
- New Russian military doctrine says NATO top...
- Officials suggest possibility of reforming...
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan combat
- Life support ends for dead Irishwoman, live...
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 16
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 14
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 12
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5
- Judge seems skeptical of challenge to... 4
- Bergdahl investigation report goes to... 4