"We wanted to win every game. That's kind of obvious," Millsap said. "But we won two games against subpar teams. We fought. It felt like we fought every game we lost, so I guess that's a plus for us. We've still got a lot of learning to do, a lot of things we've got to work on to get better."
Jefferson agreed it was a good first couple of steps to get those wins in the middle of the trip, even if they were against sub-.500 teams.
"We proved that we can win games on the road. We lost against the playoff teams, but going back home we know what we got to do," Jefferson said. "These are some winnable games that we've got coming up (this) week that we can win, even in Phoenix."
Building off of road successes and working to get that 19-21 record back to and above. .500 is a priority to keep playoff hopes alive.
"I feel most definitely it's up for grabs. I feel like we're not in the position we want be in, but we still are in a great position," Jefferson said. "We've just got to put these losses behind us and focus on Detroit, Phoenix, Minnesota and Golden State, and I think we'll be OK. I think we'll be fine."
Ultimately, Jefferson hopes they'll be even better than OK and fine. He's got bigger plans than that for the Utah Bulls.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27