RALEIGH, N.C. — North Carolina State is back in the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2006.
The Wolfpack (22-12) earned the No. 11 seed in the Midwest Region and will face sixth-seeded San Diego State on Friday in Columbus, Ohio. N.C. State's players had a stressful Selection Sunday, waiting until the last pairing was revealed to learn they were in for the first time in their careers.
N.C. State knew it was on the bubble coming into the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament, then beat Boston College and Virginia to improve its chances.
The Wolfpack lost a tough game to top-seeded North Carolina in Saturday's semifinals, denying the program of a marquee win that would've likely removed any doubt about its NCAA chances.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 33
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 17
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 11
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7