Reed Hoffmann, Associated Press
ST. LOUIS — Winning the Big 12 tournament was not quite enough to earn a No. 1 NCAA tournament seed for Missouri.
The Tigers (30-4) are seeded second in the West and will open the tourney Friday against No. 15 seed Norfolk State.
Saint Louis (25-7) is in the tournament for the first time since 2000 as a No. 9 seed in the West, opening against Memphis on Friday. The winner will likely play No. 1 seed Michigan State in the second round on Sunday.
The Billikens finished second in the Atlantic 10 and lost to Xavier in the semifinals of the conference tournament.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 43
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20