Reed Hoffmann, Associated Press
ST. LOUIS — Winning the Big 12 tournament was not quite enough to earn a No. 1 NCAA tournament seed for Missouri.
The Tigers (30-4) are seeded second in the West and will open the tourney Friday against No. 15 seed Norfolk State.
Saint Louis (25-7) is in the tournament for the first time since 2000 as a No. 9 seed in the West, opening against Memphis on Friday. The winner will likely play No. 1 seed Michigan State in the second round on Sunday.
The Billikens finished second in the Atlantic 10 and lost to Xavier in the semifinals of the conference tournament.
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 152
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 63
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 40
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 40
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19