CHICAGO They're going against an awfully familiar-looking talented team, with starters including Carlos Boozer, Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer, a Turkish big man and an All-Star point guard.
And the visitors are missing two of their own starters for different reasons, with Raja Bell out due to what the team is calling an "internal matter" and Devin Harris being sidelined with stomach flu.
But so far, the Utah Jazz are holding their own against the Chicago Jazz. Paul Millsap scored 14 first-half points matching Boozer's point total to keep Utah within striking distance of the Bulls, who lead 48-41 midway through this United Center matchup.
Korver helped give Chicago the lead with two 3-pointers and two nice jumpers off of tight curls.
Reigning MVP Derrick Rose added nine points and four assists in the opening half. As for the Jazz, Al Jefferson scored 10 points, but the Jazz offense only scored 22 points in the first quarter and 19 in the second.
This is the final of a five-game road trip for the Jazz, who are 19-20. The Bulls have an East-leading 33-9 record.
Earl Watson (three points, two assists) started for Harris, and Gordon Hayward (five points but three turnovers) stepped into Bell's usual starting spot.
For more information on Bell's absence, click here.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org TWITTER: DJJazzyJody
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14