CHICAGO They're going against an awfully familiar-looking talented team, with starters including Carlos Boozer, Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer, a Turkish big man and an All-Star point guard.
And the visitors are missing two of their own starters for different reasons, with Raja Bell out due to what the team is calling an "internal matter" and Devin Harris being sidelined with stomach flu.
But so far, the Utah Jazz are holding their own against the Chicago Jazz. Paul Millsap scored 14 first-half points matching Boozer's point total to keep Utah within striking distance of the Bulls, who lead 48-41 midway through this United Center matchup.
Korver helped give Chicago the lead with two 3-pointers and two nice jumpers off of tight curls.
Reigning MVP Derrick Rose added nine points and four assists in the opening half. As for the Jazz, Al Jefferson scored 10 points, but the Jazz offense only scored 22 points in the first quarter and 19 in the second.
This is the final of a five-game road trip for the Jazz, who are 19-20. The Bulls have an East-leading 33-9 record.
Earl Watson (three points, two assists) started for Harris, and Gordon Hayward (five points but three turnovers) stepped into Bell's usual starting spot.
For more information on Bell's absence, click here.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org TWITTER: DJJazzyJody
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- Having achieved its Final Four goal, the BYU...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 50
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 48
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 28