CHICAGO They're going against an awfully familiar-looking talented team, with starters including Carlos Boozer, Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer, a Turkish big man and an All-Star point guard.
And the visitors are missing two of their own starters for different reasons, with Raja Bell out due to what the team is calling an "internal matter" and Devin Harris being sidelined with stomach flu.
But so far, the Utah Jazz are holding their own against the Chicago Jazz. Paul Millsap scored 14 first-half points matching Boozer's point total to keep Utah within striking distance of the Bulls, who lead 48-41 midway through this United Center matchup.
Korver helped give Chicago the lead with two 3-pointers and two nice jumpers off of tight curls.
Reigning MVP Derrick Rose added nine points and four assists in the opening half. As for the Jazz, Al Jefferson scored 10 points, but the Jazz offense only scored 22 points in the first quarter and 19 in the second.
This is the final of a five-game road trip for the Jazz, who are 19-20. The Bulls have an East-leading 33-9 record.
Earl Watson (three points, two assists) started for Harris, and Gordon Hayward (five points but three turnovers) stepped into Bell's usual starting spot.
For more information on Bell's absence, click here.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org TWITTER: DJJazzyJody
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real possibility...
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will...
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU fans...
- Nicholls State assistant football coach is...
- BYU's Bronson Kaufusi eager to display new...
- Reports: Former BYU star Brett Keisel agrees...
- BYU camp report: Taysom Hill throws a pair of...
- Rock On: BYU soccer star gone, not forgotten
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 131
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 92
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 70
- ESPN lists BYU and Utah State as... 64
- Dick Harmon: Will Utah State, BYU be... 46
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 44
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 40
- BYU's offense 'too sloppy' in scrimmage 29