CHICAGO They're going against an awfully familiar-looking talented team, with starters including Carlos Boozer, Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer, a Turkish big man and an All-Star point guard.
And the visitors are missing two of their own starters for different reasons, with Raja Bell out due to what the team is calling an "internal matter" and Devin Harris being sidelined with stomach flu.
But so far, the Utah Jazz are holding their own against the Chicago Jazz. Paul Millsap scored 14 first-half points matching Boozer's point total to keep Utah within striking distance of the Bulls, who lead 48-41 midway through this United Center matchup.
Korver helped give Chicago the lead with two 3-pointers and two nice jumpers off of tight curls.
Reigning MVP Derrick Rose added nine points and four assists in the opening half. As for the Jazz, Al Jefferson scored 10 points, but the Jazz offense only scored 22 points in the first quarter and 19 in the second.
This is the final of a five-game road trip for the Jazz, who are 19-20. The Bulls have an East-leading 33-9 record.
Earl Watson (three points, two assists) started for Harris, and Gordon Hayward (five points but three turnovers) stepped into Bell's usual starting spot.
For more information on Bell's absence, click here.
EMAIL: email@example.com TWITTER: DJJazzyJody
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 91
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 76
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 50
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 36