The same is true for major league baseball greats like Babe Ruth, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Steve Carlton, Harmon Killebrew and, this year, Albert Pujols, as well as NBA stars Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing, Scottie Pippen, Gary Payton and Allen Iverson, among others.
And, of course, closer to home, legendary Jazz power forward Karl Malone spent his last NBA season in Los Angeles, where The Mailman chased an elusive championship ring with the Lakers.
Manning's legacy is certainly secure. Even though younger brother Eli now has more Super Bowl titles (2) than his big bro Peyton (1), no one will ever doubt that the elder of these two Manning boys belongs on the short list of greatest quarterbacks ever.
Even if he winds up wearing a Cardinals, Seahawks or Dolphins helmet at the end of his career — and looks kinda weird with it perched atop his head.
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- High school boys basketball: Underdogs shine...
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- High school sports: Thursday's prep roundup
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 52
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 43