NBA roundup: Kobe Bryant, Andrew Bynum lift reeling Lakers over the Timberwolves, 105-102
MINNEAPOLIS — Kobe Bryant scored 34 points and Andrew Bynum added 26 points and 10 rebounds to lift the reeling Los Angeles Lakers to a 105-102 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday night.
Bynum dominated the smaller Wolves down low and Bryant made four free throws in the final 16 seconds for the Lakers, who beat the Timberwolves for the 18th straight time.
Derrick Williams had 22 points and 10 rebounds and Nikola Pekovic had 25 points and 13 boards for the Wolves, who found out less than 30 minutes before the game that leading scorer and rebounder Kevin Love could not play because of back spasmsl.
CELTICS 104, TRAIL BLAZERS 86: At Boston, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen each scored 22 points and Boston rebounded from a lopsided loss and handed one to Portland. Kevin Garnett grabbed seven defensive rebounds to move into second place on the NBA's career list, behind Karl Malone's 11,406.
CAVALIERS 96, THUNDER 90: At Oklahoma City, Antawn Jamison scored 21 points and Kyrie Irving orchestrated a decisive run in the final 3 minutes and Cleveland snapped Oklahoma City's 14-game home winning streak.
PISTONS 86, HAWKS 85: At Auburn Hills, Mich., Tayshaun Prince made a driving left-handed shot with 24.3 seconds remaining, and Detroit held on to beat Atlanta.
NETS 83, BOBCATS 74: At Charlotte, N.C., Kris Humphries had 20 points and 15 rebounds and New Jersey overcame an injury to Deron Williams to beat Charlotte.
BUCKS 119, KNICKS 114: At Milwaukee, Ersan Ilyasova had 26 points, including a critical putback in the final minute, and the Bucks held on against the Knicks.
CLIPPERS 120, SPURS 108: At San Antonio, Chris Paul didn't need Tony Parker to get up for this game, and Mo Williams didn't care about the Los Angeles Clippers winning in San Antonio for the first time in a decade.
KINGS 110, MAVERICKS 97: At Sacramento, Calif., Tyreke Evans and Marcus Thornton each scored 17 points to help the Sacramento Kings end a 10-game losing streak against the Mavericks.
NUGGETS 110, HORNETS 97: At Denver, Arron Afflalo scored 28 points, Al Harrington had 20 and the Denver Nuggets pulled away against the Hornets.
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- High school girls track: Davis wins...
- High school track: Boys championship results...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a mythical...
- High school football: Orem player responds...
- Considerable work, planning has gone... 71
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 68
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 62
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 61
- Utes football: No changes imminent for... 57
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A, 3A state... 49
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 27