CEDAR CITY — Utah State gymnasts captured four of the five possible titles on the way to their second-best score of the season in a 194.200-193.700 win over Southern Utah Friday night at SUU's Centrum. It was the Aggies' first victory over the Thunderbirds since 2005, snapping a 24-meet losing skid.
Sophomore Paige Jones shared the vault title with freshman teammate Sarah Landes with 9.825's, while Jones won the floor with a 9.850 on the way to the all-around win with a 38.975. Senior Rebecca Holliday captured the bars title with a 9.800, while freshmen Ashley Follett and Samantha Wagner were the top Aggies on beam, tying for third with 9.725's. Landes was second in the all-around with a 38.400 and Holliday third with a 38.300.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48