Chuck Burton, Associated Press
ATLANTA — Florida State fans chanted and chopped in the final minute as the No. 17 Seminoles beat short-handed Miami 82-71 on Friday night in the ACC tournament quarterfinals.
Michael Snaer scored 20 points and Ian Miller had 18 to lead Florida State (22-9) into Saturday's semifinals against No. 2 seed Duke.
Miami was without its leading scorer, Durand Scott. The university ruled Scott ineligible on Friday for receiving impermissible benefits.
Malcolm Grant had 19 points and Shane Larkin had 16 for Miami (19-12).
While the Seminoles are hoping to improve their seed in the NCAA tournament, Miami is unsure where it stands with the selection committee and if Scott would be eligible for the tournament.
Florida State fans had a suggestion for Miami, chanting "NIT, NIT" in the final seconds.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24