Chuck Burton, Associated Press
ATLANTA — Florida State fans chanted and chopped in the final minute as the No. 17 Seminoles beat short-handed Miami 82-71 on Friday night in the ACC tournament quarterfinals.
Michael Snaer scored 20 points and Ian Miller had 18 to lead Florida State (22-9) into Saturday's semifinals against No. 2 seed Duke.
Miami was without its leading scorer, Durand Scott. The university ruled Scott ineligible on Friday for receiving impermissible benefits.
Malcolm Grant had 19 points and Shane Larkin had 16 for Miami (19-12).
While the Seminoles are hoping to improve their seed in the NCAA tournament, Miami is unsure where it stands with the selection committee and if Scott would be eligible for the tournament.
Florida State fans had a suggestion for Miami, chanting "NIT, NIT" in the final seconds.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34