Since Don C. Cunningham apparently supports Obama's "enlightened" agenda to force us to buy more energy-efficient cars by keeping the price of fossil fuel high ("Pipeline won't help prices," Readers' Forum, March 7), I have a question for him: What kind of alternative energy is going to fuel the millions of commercial airplanes that transport not only people, but cargo across the U.S. and the world?
Also, what kind of alternative energy is going fuel the millions of diesel semitrailers that transport goods around the country? Solar panels? And I guess the thousands of jobs that would be created and benefit the economy and unemployment rate by approving the Keystone pipeline and other drilling sites aren't of concern to Cunningham or our "enlightened" president.
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 47
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 38
- Capitalism and the common good:... 37
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 36