Since Don C. Cunningham apparently supports Obama's "enlightened" agenda to force us to buy more energy-efficient cars by keeping the price of fossil fuel high ("Pipeline won't help prices," Readers' Forum, March 7), I have a question for him: What kind of alternative energy is going to fuel the millions of commercial airplanes that transport not only people, but cargo across the U.S. and the world?
Also, what kind of alternative energy is going fuel the millions of diesel semitrailers that transport goods around the country? Solar panels? And I guess the thousands of jobs that would be created and benefit the economy and unemployment rate by approving the Keystone pipeline and other drilling sites aren't of concern to Cunningham or our "enlightened" president.
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 51
- Is it time for our first woman president? 45
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Letter: Leave public land alone 14
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13