Since Don C. Cunningham apparently supports Obama's "enlightened" agenda to force us to buy more energy-efficient cars by keeping the price of fossil fuel high ("Pipeline won't help prices," Readers' Forum, March 7), I have a question for him: What kind of alternative energy is going to fuel the millions of commercial airplanes that transport not only people, but cargo across the U.S. and the world?
Also, what kind of alternative energy is going fuel the millions of diesel semitrailers that transport goods around the country? Solar panels? And I guess the thousands of jobs that would be created and benefit the economy and unemployment rate by approving the Keystone pipeline and other drilling sites aren't of concern to Cunningham or our "enlightened" president.
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- Letter: Religious freedom
- In our opinion: Maintaining balance
- Doug Robinson: Utah man discovers powerful...
- My view: Adoption legislation: Children...
- Jay Evensen: Don't mess with a great Utah...
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Dan Liljenquist: Count My Vote: Compromise...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 63
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 37
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Michael Gerson: The GOP needs to... 22
- Letter: Reclassify ISPs as common carriers 19