Since Don C. Cunningham apparently supports Obama's "enlightened" agenda to force us to buy more energy-efficient cars by keeping the price of fossil fuel high ("Pipeline won't help prices," Readers' Forum, March 7), I have a question for him: What kind of alternative energy is going to fuel the millions of commercial airplanes that transport not only people, but cargo across the U.S. and the world?
Also, what kind of alternative energy is going fuel the millions of diesel semitrailers that transport goods around the country? Solar panels? And I guess the thousands of jobs that would be created and benefit the economy and unemployment rate by approving the Keystone pipeline and other drilling sites aren't of concern to Cunningham or our "enlightened" president.
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 82
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 71
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27