Deseret News archives
Two things bother me about the presidential campaign: making Romney's wealth a liability, even though he earned his money and didn't just inherit it, and saying that he can't relate to the average Joe because of his upper-class lifestyle.
It seems like yesterday we were oohing and aahing over the Kennedys at Hyannis Port, playing football together and enjoying the good life. We didn't worry that they couldn't connect with the average Joe. Several of them lacked business experience, but we elected them to important positions in government anyway.
In today's campaign, candidates are spoken of as underdogs because their campaign funding can't compete with Romney's. Isn't this just another example of Romney's ability to organize and get things done right?
We should be touting his past successes. The very skills that have brought him to this point in life are the skills that can bring order and balance to our government. Let's only criticize when criticism is due.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- Letter: Drones or privacy
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 27
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 15
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14