LOS ANGELES — Nnemkadi Ogwumike had 24 points and 12 rebounds, and second-ranked Stanford overcame its worst shooting of the season to beat Arizona State 52-43 Friday in the Pac-12 tournament semifinals.
Ogwumike's younger sister, Chiney, added 12 points and 13 rebounds for the top-seeded Cardinal (30-1), who advanced to Saturday's title game at Staples Center in pursuit of their ninth tournament championship.
But the Cardinal hardly resembled their usually dominant selves, shooting a season-low 29 percent while missing all 10 3-pointers. Their 52 points just missed the record of 51 for fewest scored in a win.
Kali Bennett scored 10 points and Micaela Pickens added 10 for fourth-seeded Arizona State (20-11). Leading scorer Kimberly Brandon, who averages 10.1 points, was held scoreless.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15