Matt Slocum, Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA — Ilya Bryzgalov made 28 saves to record his second shutout in three games and the Philadelphia Flyers beat the Florida Panthers 5-0 on Thursday night for their fourth straight win.
Brayden Schenn, Matt Read, Scott Hartnell, Jaromir Jagr and Eric Wellwood scored for the Flyers.
Bryzgalov has finally played like the goalie the Flyers expected when they gave him a $51 million, nine-year contract. After struggling much of the season, he's 7-2 with a 2.10 goals-against average while making 10 straight starts.
Fans who booed him just last month at the Wells Fargo Center chanted "Bryz! Bryz! Bryz!" in the third period.
The victory moved the Flyers within two points of fourth-place Pittsburgh in the Eastern Conference.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34