RIVERTON — The 1940 census and how to best use it will be the topic of genealogist Tim Bingaman's keynote address at 9 a.m. on March 17 at the Riverton Saturday Seminar. Bingaman, a reference consultant for the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, will explain what genealogical gems can be gleaned from the 1940 census, how to get involved in indexing it so it will be made available free online, and how individuals can be located on the census until indexes are available.
At 10 a.m. and 11 a.m., there will be two blocks of four one-hour classes.
At 10 a.m., the classes include: "FamilySearch and Billion Graves — Family History Sources Right at Your Feet" by Curtis Tirrell; "Ireland Research Online" by Phil Dunn; "Synching Legacy 7.5 with the new FamilySearch" by John Baker; and "Searching for Interesting Information About Your Utah Pioneer Ancestors" by Delwin Remington.
At 11 a.m., the classes include: a repeat of Tirrell's class on "FamilySearch and Billion Graves — Family History Sources Right at Your Feet"; "Genealogy Gifts and Games" by Kim Woodbury; "Increasing Productivity on the New FamilySearch Website" by Andrea Schnakenburg; and "Hatching Eggs: The Chart Chick Tries to Engage Her Teenage Children with Their Family History" by Janet Hovorka.
Registration is not required for this free seminar. The Riverton FamilySearch Library is in the LDS Riverton Office Building at 3740 Market Center Drive. The facility is near the intersection of Bangerter Highway and 13400 South, just east of the Home Depot.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 13
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5