Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Lazeric Jones scored 15 points and UCLA got untracked after an awful first half to beat rival Southern California 55-40 Wednesday in the opening round of the Pac-12 tournament.
The fifth-seeded Bruins (19-13) advanced to a quarterfinal game Thursday at Staples Center against fourth-seeded Arizona, which got a first-round bye. The teams split in the regular season.
Travis Wear scored 12 points and twin brother David had 10 rebounds as the Bruins completed a season sweep of the hapless Trojans, who lost their season-high 10th in a row.
UCLA big man Joshua Smith didn't play in the first half at the decision of coach Ben Howland. He finished with five points and zero rebounds after picking up three fouls in less than a minute.
USC (6-26) finished with a school-record number of losses. The 12th-seeded Trojans were led by freshman Byron Wesley with 13 points and Garrett Jackson with 11.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double overtime...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Utes capped comeback season with lopsided Las...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double... 91
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26