Evan Vucci, Associated Press
WASHINGTON — Mitt Romney has won Ohio's Republican presidential primary, narrowly defeating Rick Santorum in the most critical and hard-fought of the Super Tuesday contests.
In all, Romney has gained victories in five Super Tuesday states. The other states he's won are Massachusetts, Vermont, Virginia and Idaho.
Santorum has won Tennessee, Oklahoma and North Dakota, while Newt Gingrich has won his home state of Georgia.
Results from Alaska's caucuses have not yet been reported.
- Texas' Perry says disparaging tweet unauthorized
- Ben Barnes, Katherine Heigl in tune in...
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants to hit US
- US trained Alaskans as secret 'stay-behind...
- Study claims cave art made by Neanderthals
- No gray area: Beliefs shape firm, disparate...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White House...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White... 16
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- US judge blocks enforcement of new... 8