Evan Vucci, Associated Press
WASHINGTON — Mitt Romney has won Ohio's Republican presidential primary, narrowly defeating Rick Santorum in the most critical and hard-fought of the Super Tuesday contests.
In all, Romney has gained victories in five Super Tuesday states. The other states he's won are Massachusetts, Vermont, Virginia and Idaho.
Santorum has won Tennessee, Oklahoma and North Dakota, while Newt Gingrich has won his home state of Georgia.
Results from Alaska's caucuses have not yet been reported.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- NFL says Husain Abdullah should not have been...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Luck, instinct determined fates of volcano...
- Colorado high court considers pot firing case
- Officials confirm first Ebola case diagnosed...
- Obama goal of Gitmo closure stalled at Pentagon
- Olympian Michael Phelps arrested on DUI charge
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 24
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 14
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 13
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 12
- Tens of thousands of immigrant families... 11
- Parents of Michael Brown unmoved by... 7