Evan Vucci, Associated Press
WASHINGTON — Mitt Romney has won Ohio's Republican presidential primary, narrowly defeating Rick Santorum in the most critical and hard-fought of the Super Tuesday contests.
In all, Romney has gained victories in five Super Tuesday states. The other states he's won are Massachusetts, Vermont, Virginia and Idaho.
Santorum has won Tennessee, Oklahoma and North Dakota, while Newt Gingrich has won his home state of Georgia.
Results from Alaska's caucuses have not yet been reported.
- It's not just young people — seniors...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- Secret Service boosts security outside White...
- Second man arrested trying to enter White...
- White House intruder identified as Army...
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- 'Maze Runner' races past 'Tombstones' with...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9
- How much America wants to be taxed 8
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Dempsey: Half of Iraqi army not OK as... 4
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4