The Utah Sports Hall of Fame Foundation will honor Jack Bishop, Earlene Durrant, Jay Fullmer and Larry Harrison during the 2012 Paul Ream Scholarship/Distinguished Service Awards Banquet on March 22.
The event includes a 6:15 p.m. reception and 7 p.m. dinner at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy. For reservations ($40), send checks to the USHOFF, P.O. Box 95982, South Jordan, 84095.
Bishop, a former football coach and athletic director at Southern Utah University, has been involved in community activities everywhere he resided in Utah. In Heber City, while coaching football and wrestling at Wasatch High, Bishop organized one of the country's foremost youth wrestling programs.
Durrant is credited as one of the founders of the athletic training program for students to earn certification in the field. She became the first woman elected president of the Utah Athletic Trainers Association. Durrant served as the head women's athletic trainer at BYU for 17 years and the athletic training program director for 21 years.
Fullmer has been involved in boxing in Utah for more than 60 years.
He has served as a referee and judge for both amateur and professional boxing and, with his brothers Don and Gene, has operated a boxing gym in South Jordan.
A graduate of Tooele High, Larry Harrison spent a 30-year career giving back to the Tooele School District as a coach and administrator and devoted additional time to Tooele City Parks and Recreation.
The USHOFF also will honor six Utah high school graduates, now attending college, as Paul and Ruby Ream Scholars: Anita Beales, Mikaela Kauffman, Hope Masters, Paige Peterson, Kirsten Vanderwerken and Anthony Wanlass.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19