The Utah Sports Hall of Fame Foundation will honor Jack Bishop, Earlene Durrant, Jay Fullmer and Larry Harrison during the 2012 Paul Ream Scholarship/Distinguished Service Awards Banquet on March 22.
The event includes a 6:15 p.m. reception and 7 p.m. dinner at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy. For reservations ($40), send checks to the USHOFF, P.O. Box 95982, South Jordan, 84095.
Bishop, a former football coach and athletic director at Southern Utah University, has been involved in community activities everywhere he resided in Utah. In Heber City, while coaching football and wrestling at Wasatch High, Bishop organized one of the country's foremost youth wrestling programs.
Durrant is credited as one of the founders of the athletic training program for students to earn certification in the field. She became the first woman elected president of the Utah Athletic Trainers Association. Durrant served as the head women's athletic trainer at BYU for 17 years and the athletic training program director for 21 years.
Fullmer has been involved in boxing in Utah for more than 60 years.
He has served as a referee and judge for both amateur and professional boxing and, with his brothers Don and Gene, has operated a boxing gym in South Jordan.
A graduate of Tooele High, Larry Harrison spent a 30-year career giving back to the Tooele School District as a coach and administrator and devoted additional time to Tooele City Parks and Recreation.
The USHOFF also will honor six Utah high school graduates, now attending college, as Paul and Ruby Ream Scholars: Anita Beales, Mikaela Kauffman, Hope Masters, Paige Peterson, Kirsten Vanderwerken and Anthony Wanlass.
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 105
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 70
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 49
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 44