File, Associated Press
HOUSTON — Texans running back Arian Foster has signed a five-year, $43.5 million deal to stay in Houston.
An undrafted free agent in 2009, Foster made $525,000 last season. He was the NFL's leading rusher in 2010 with 1,616 yards. He then ran for 1,224 yards and 10 touchdowns last season. He was due to become a restricted free agent next week, but his agent, Mike McCartney, said Monday that Foster was eager to work out a deal with the Texans.
He'll make $18 million in base salary next season, plus incentives.
Since becoming a full-time starter in 2010, Foster has led the NFL in rushing yards per game (97.9), rushing touchdowns (26) and yards from scrimmage (4,061). He also leads all running backs in yards receiving per game (42.1).
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20