File, Associated Press
HOUSTON — Texans running back Arian Foster has signed a five-year, $43.5 million deal to stay in Houston.
An undrafted free agent in 2009, Foster made $525,000 last season. He was the NFL's leading rusher in 2010 with 1,616 yards. He then ran for 1,224 yards and 10 touchdowns last season. He was due to become a restricted free agent next week, but his agent, Mike McCartney, said Monday that Foster was eager to work out a deal with the Texans.
He'll make $18 million in base salary next season, plus incentives.
Since becoming a full-time starter in 2010, Foster has led the NFL in rushing yards per game (97.9), rushing touchdowns (26) and yards from scrimmage (4,061). He also leads all running backs in yards receiving per game (42.1).
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 67
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51