Utah Jazz: Devin Harris goes through light workout after spraining MCL vs. Cavs
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Utah Jazz, having picked up some momentum with Monday's 109-100 win at Cleveland, are using a rare off day on the road to get a practice in this morning.
Two starters aren't fully participating for health reasons, however.
Devin Harris went through a light workout with the team the morning after spraining the MCL in his right knee.
Josh Howard, meanwhile, attended the practice but sat out due to a sinus infection. The Wake Forest product, whose family lives in North Carolina, expects to play against the Bobcats on Wednesday night.
Harris, who sported a brace for light running, is hopeful his knee will respond to a day of rest and treatment. The point guard said his knee didn't swell up too badly overnight.
"I'll jog a little bit today and see how it feels and make the call tomorrow," Harris said. "It's good that we have a day off, give me a chance to rest it, ice it, get some treatment. I don't think it will be too much of a problem."
It would seem the Bobcats shouldn't give the Jazz much of a problem, either, considering Charlotte has just four wins on the season.
"We can't worry about another team is doing. We can't play to their level," Jazz forward Paul Millsap said. "We've got to come out and play our style of basketball."
The Jazz picked up their first road win in three weeks on Monday, improving their record away from home to 4-13.
"It would be good to get a little bit of momentum going into these (next two) games," Millsap said, referring to the Jazz's tough back-to-back at Philadelphia and Chicago on Friday and Saturday.
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA...
- Dick Harmon: As Marriott Center gets new...
- Ranking the best shooting guards in the NBA...
- Utah football: QB Wilson determined to make...
- Former BYU guard Tyler Haws to work out for...
- Morning links: Sports figures react to...
- BYU star Tyler Haws' whirlwind workout tour...
- Doug Robinson: (Would-be) doctor Mark Pope...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 70
- Morning links: Sports figures react to... 67
- Utah football: QB Wilson determined to... 34
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 25
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Dick Harmon: As Marriott Center gets... 16
- His legacy at BYU secure, Tyler Haws... 13
- Former BYU guard Tyler Haws to work out... 13