Utah Jazz: Devin Harris goes through light workout after spraining MCL vs. Cavs
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Utah Jazz, having picked up some momentum with Monday's 109-100 win at Cleveland, are using a rare off day on the road to get a practice in this morning.
Two starters aren't fully participating for health reasons, however.
Devin Harris went through a light workout with the team the morning after spraining the MCL in his right knee.
Josh Howard, meanwhile, attended the practice but sat out due to a sinus infection. The Wake Forest product, whose family lives in North Carolina, expects to play against the Bobcats on Wednesday night.
Harris, who sported a brace for light running, is hopeful his knee will respond to a day of rest and treatment. The point guard said his knee didn't swell up too badly overnight.
"I'll jog a little bit today and see how it feels and make the call tomorrow," Harris said. "It's good that we have a day off, give me a chance to rest it, ice it, get some treatment. I don't think it will be too much of a problem."
It would seem the Bobcats shouldn't give the Jazz much of a problem, either, considering Charlotte has just four wins on the season.
"We can't worry about another team is doing. We can't play to their level," Jazz forward Paul Millsap said. "We've got to come out and play our style of basketball."
The Jazz picked up their first road win in three weeks on Monday, improving their record away from home to 4-13.
"It would be good to get a little bit of momentum going into these (next two) games," Millsap said, referring to the Jazz's tough back-to-back at Philadelphia and Chicago on Friday and Saturday.
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 3A boys state tournament roundup: Pine View...
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- 4A boys state tournament roundup: Bountiful...
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Cougars take center stage...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- High school boys basketball: Kearns marches...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 60
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in... 24
- Utes play better offensively,... 21