Utah Jazz: Devin Harris goes through light workout after spraining MCL vs. Cavs
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Utah Jazz, having picked up some momentum with Monday's 109-100 win at Cleveland, are using a rare off day on the road to get a practice in this morning.
Two starters aren't fully participating for health reasons, however.
Devin Harris went through a light workout with the team the morning after spraining the MCL in his right knee.
Josh Howard, meanwhile, attended the practice but sat out due to a sinus infection. The Wake Forest product, whose family lives in North Carolina, expects to play against the Bobcats on Wednesday night.
Harris, who sported a brace for light running, is hopeful his knee will respond to a day of rest and treatment. The point guard said his knee didn't swell up too badly overnight.
"I'll jog a little bit today and see how it feels and make the call tomorrow," Harris said. "It's good that we have a day off, give me a chance to rest it, ice it, get some treatment. I don't think it will be too much of a problem."
It would seem the Bobcats shouldn't give the Jazz much of a problem, either, considering Charlotte has just four wins on the season.
"We can't worry about another team is doing. We can't play to their level," Jazz forward Paul Millsap said. "We've got to come out and play our style of basketball."
The Jazz picked up their first road win in three weeks on Monday, improving their record away from home to 4-13.
"It would be good to get a little bit of momentum going into these (next two) games," Millsap said, referring to the Jazz's tough back-to-back at Philadelphia and Chicago on Friday and Saturday.
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino leaves BYU...
- Hard work, dedication pay off for Utah's Karl...
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- LIVE TODAY: Deseret News live streaming...
- Stump the Smith: Can you answer the questions...
- High school boys soccer: Lehi beats Bingham,...
- High school softball: Copper Hills earns a...
- Utah Jazz release Orlando Pro Summer League...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- Hard work, dedication pay off for... 38
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 28
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 19
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino... 14
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 12
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8