Julie Jacobson, Associated Press
LAS VEGAS — Matthew Dellavedova scored 22 points to lead Saint Mary's to a 78-74 victory against No. 24 Gonzaga on Monday night to claim its second West Coast Conference tournament title and automatic NCAA bid in three years.
It was the first time the Gaels (27-5) have won the regular-season title outright and claimed the tourney championship the same year.
Elias Harris led Gonzaga (25-6) with 22 points, including a 3-pointer with 2 seconds left in regulation to force the extra period.
Dellavedova had a chance to win it at the buzzer in regulation but his runner bounced off the rim. He made sure to seal it at the free throw line in OT.
Gonzaga's Kevin Pangos had a miserable night, finishing with seven points on 3-of-18 shooting. He was just 1 of 10 from 3-point range, two days after a 30-point night against Brigham Young.
Rob Jones added 18 points and nine rebounds for the Gaels.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25