A new book by Tiger Woods' former swing coach claims the golfer was obsessed with becoming a Navy SEAL.
Hank Haney says Woods undertook a training program similar to that of a SEAL candidate.
But Woods and his agent say Haney is fabricating.
What's not to believe? Enes Kanter hopes to be a wrestler, Karl Malone wanted to be a truck driver and Olden Polynice got caught impersonating a cop.
This just in: Jazz coach Ty Corbin plans to soon retire so he can follow his dream of touring with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
After LeBron James deferred a possible game-winning shot on Friday, Jazz forward Josh Howard inadvertently (or not) delivered a jab at the Miami superstar.
"He passed it off, I guess he felt like there was too much pressure on him," Howard said.
Did he mean pressure from the defense or pressure from the situation? Hard to say.
Maybe it was the pressure of making sure Udonis Haslem got his customary six points.
Left Coast Sports Babe on James seen carrying a "man purse" into the Staples Center: "Well, at least LeBron didn't have a one-hour special showing him shopping for it."
Cam the Ram is Colorado State's mascot, a living, breathing ram.
Last week he got a tad overexcited before a home game against UNLV and urinated on the basketball court.
Wow, and you thought dancing on another team's logo was rude.
Former NBA player Orlando Woolridge was arrested and released on bond last week after allegedly stealing aluminum tubing from a drill site in Louisiana.
Woolridge has been known to BYU fans since 1981, when he nearly blocked Danny Ainge's shot that sent BYU to the Elite Eight.
Sources say his career has been going down the tubes ever since.
Following Utah's loss at Oregon State, last week, basketball coach Larry Krystkowiak decided to lighten things up by taking the Utes bowling.
They responded by losing by a record 46 points to Oregon the next day.
Apparently there was some confusion when Krystko overheard Kyle Whittingham say the best way to keep your job is to go bowling every year.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: therockmonster Facebook: rockmonsterunplugged
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- Ex-MLB hurler winds up for Vermont governor...
- Baylor to fire football coach Art Briles,...
- Site, funding unresolved in Las Vegas NFL...
- Sister Act: Serena, Venus Williams both win...
- AP Source: David Fizdale accepts offer as...
- Art Briles built Baylor brash, bold, leaves...
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 69
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 51
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 41
- Pac-12 champs: Utah wins baseball title... 35
- Utah and UVU assigned regionals; BYU... 24
- Rose excited for near future stability,... 22
- Column: Baylor should pull plug on its... 20