SALT LAKE CITY — Fans eagerly awaiting the renewal of the Utah-Utah State football rivalry after two years of dormancy got some good news. This season's game at Romney Stadium in Logan has been moved up a day — going from Saturday, Sept. 8 to Friday, Sept. 7 to accommodate ESPN2. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m.
Utah will now play two Thursday and two Friday games in 2012, with the remaining nine games booked for Saturday dates. All of Utah's football games will be televised nationally with the network and game times to be announced at a later date.
The USU-Utah game is the only game involving a WAC team already scheduled with ESPN on ESPN2. Other games to be televised on ESPN networks, along with starting times, will be determined later this spring.
"We're excited for the opportunity to play three of the four in-state schools, including starting the season at home with two of them, highlighted by the Utah game being nationally televised. That will give us the chance to showcase Utah State football and Utah State University to the country, which is a huge recruiting tool for us," USU head coach Gary Andersen said
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25