SALT LAKE CITY — Fans eagerly awaiting the renewal of the Utah-Utah State football rivalry after two years of dormancy got some good news. This season's game at Romney Stadium in Logan has been moved up a day — going from Saturday, Sept. 8 to Friday, Sept. 7 to accommodate ESPN2. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m.
Utah will now play two Thursday and two Friday games in 2012, with the remaining nine games booked for Saturday dates. All of Utah's football games will be televised nationally with the network and game times to be announced at a later date.
The USU-Utah game is the only game involving a WAC team already scheduled with ESPN on ESPN2. Other games to be televised on ESPN networks, along with starting times, will be determined later this spring.
"We're excited for the opportunity to play three of the four in-state schools, including starting the season at home with two of them, highlighted by the Utah game being nationally televised. That will give us the chance to showcase Utah State football and Utah State University to the country, which is a huge recruiting tool for us," USU head coach Gary Andersen said
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27