SALT LAKE CITY — Fans eagerly awaiting the renewal of the Utah-Utah State football rivalry after two years of dormancy got some good news. This season's game at Romney Stadium in Logan has been moved up a day — going from Saturday, Sept. 8 to Friday, Sept. 7 to accommodate ESPN2. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m.
Utah will now play two Thursday and two Friday games in 2012, with the remaining nine games booked for Saturday dates. All of Utah's football games will be televised nationally with the network and game times to be announced at a later date.
The USU-Utah game is the only game involving a WAC team already scheduled with ESPN on ESPN2. Other games to be televised on ESPN networks, along with starting times, will be determined later this spring.
"We're excited for the opportunity to play three of the four in-state schools, including starting the season at home with two of them, highlighted by the Utah game being nationally televised. That will give us the chance to showcase Utah State football and Utah State University to the country, which is a huge recruiting tool for us," USU head coach Gary Andersen said
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 96
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25