SALT LAKE CITY — Fans eagerly awaiting the renewal of the Utah-Utah State football rivalry after two years of dormancy got some good news. This season's game at Romney Stadium in Logan has been moved up a day — going from Saturday, Sept. 8 to Friday, Sept. 7 to accommodate ESPN2. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m.
Utah will now play two Thursday and two Friday games in 2012, with the remaining nine games booked for Saturday dates. All of Utah's football games will be televised nationally with the network and game times to be announced at a later date.
The USU-Utah game is the only game involving a WAC team already scheduled with ESPN on ESPN2. Other games to be televised on ESPN networks, along with starting times, will be determined later this spring.
"We're excited for the opportunity to play three of the four in-state schools, including starting the season at home with two of them, highlighted by the Utah game being nationally televised. That will give us the chance to showcase Utah State football and Utah State University to the country, which is a huge recruiting tool for us," USU head coach Gary Andersen said
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48