SALT LAKE CITY — Fans eagerly awaiting the renewal of the Utah-Utah State football rivalry after two years of dormancy got some good news. This season's game at Romney Stadium in Logan has been moved up a day — going from Saturday, Sept. 8 to Friday, Sept. 7 to accommodate ESPN2. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m.
Utah will now play two Thursday and two Friday games in 2012, with the remaining nine games booked for Saturday dates. All of Utah's football games will be televised nationally with the network and game times to be announced at a later date.
The USU-Utah game is the only game involving a WAC team already scheduled with ESPN on ESPN2. Other games to be televised on ESPN networks, along with starting times, will be determined later this spring.
"We're excited for the opportunity to play three of the four in-state schools, including starting the season at home with two of them, highlighted by the Utah game being nationally televised. That will give us the chance to showcase Utah State football and Utah State University to the country, which is a huge recruiting tool for us," USU head coach Gary Andersen said
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 64
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22