The Avalanche-Journal, Zach Long) ALL LOCAL TV OUT, Associated Press
Kansas junior Thomas Robinson is the unanimous selection as The Associated Press Big 12 men's basketball player of the year.
The 6-foot-10 forward received all 18 votes from a panel of sports writers and sportscasters who cover the league. Robinson is averaging 18 points and 11.9 rebounds a game for the Jayhawks, who won their eighth consecutive Big 12 regular-season title.
Robinson is joined on the All-Big 12 first team by Kansas teammate Tyshawn Taylor, Texas junior guard J'Covan Brown, Missouri senior guard Marcus Denmon and Iowa State sophomore forward Royce White, who was also selected as the league's newcomer of the year.
Missouri coach Frank Haith got the nod as the AP's Big 12 coach of the year. Oklahoma State's LeBryan Nash is the freshman of the year.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25