SUU starter Danielle Axe earned the victory for the Thunderbirds in the circle to push her record to 3-2 on the year after 5.0 innings where she allowed one earned run on eight hits with no walks and two strikeouts. Ostler finished her day throwing the final two innings for SUU, allowing one earned run on two hits with no walks and one strikeout.
Five Thunderbirds recorded multiple hits, including Tessa Loewen, Mikkel Griffin, Bryant, Dyer and Olinger each tallying two hits in the game. Resley was a perfect 1-for-1 with two runs, two RBI and two walks.
Southern Utah will return to Cedar City for its next series when the Thunderbirds open Summit League play hosting Oakland University at Kathryn Berg field next weekend. The teams will play a doubleheader on Friday, beginning at Noon with a single game set for Saturday at Noon. Fans unable to attend the games can watch live stats anticipated to be available online at www.suutbirds.com.
OGDEN, Utah — Weber State won its third-straight match, and improved to 2-1 in Big Sky Conference play, with a 7-0 sweep of Northern Colorado on Sunday at the Ogden Athletic Club.
The Wildcats took all three doubles matches for the opening point, highlighted by Simon Unger and Oliver Good defeating Brandon Lupo and Ben Gendron 8-3 at No. 1 for their fourth-straight win and seventh win in eight matches on the season.
In singles play, Good cruised to a 6-1, 6-1 win to put WSU ahead 2-0 on the day. He was soon followed by Ryan Garner and Simon Unger with straight-set wins. Garner defeated Jordan Loughnan 6-3, 6-3, and Unger downed Lupo 6-4, 6-3.
Caio Poitena got past Michael Moya 7-5, 6-4, while Peter Ramstromer Pello and Dave Hintze each won in three sets to complete the sweep. Ramstromer Pello dropped his first set 6-2, but rallied with a 6-4 win in set two and a 10-6 win in a tiebreak third set over Ben Gendron. Hintze dominated Jeff Carlson 6-1 in their opening set, but Carlson bounced back to force a deciding set with a 6-4 win in set two. Hintze finished off the win with a 10-6 tiebbreak third.
Weber State improved to 4-5 overall, while the Bears dropped to 2-5 overall and 1-4 in league play.
Northern Colorado vs Weber State
Mar 04, 2012 at Ogden, UT
(Ogden Athletic Club)
Weber State 7, Northern Colorado 0
1. UNGER, Simon (WSU) def. LUPO, Brandon (NC) 6-4, 6-3
2. GOOD, Oliver (WSU) def. LANE, Ryan (NC) 6-1, 6-1
3. RAMSTROMER PELLO, P. (WSU) def. GENDRON, Ben (NC) 2-6, 6-4, 10-6
4. HINTZE, Dave (WSU) def. CARLSON, Jeff (NC) 6-1, 4-6, 10-3
5. POITENA, Caio (WSU) def. MOYA, Michael (NC) 7-5, 6-4
6. GARNER, Ryan (WSU) def. LOUGHNAN, Jordan (NC) 6-3, 6-3
1. UNGER, Simon
GOOD, Oliver (WSU) def. LUPO, Brandon/GENDRON, Ben (NC) 8-3
2. RAMSTROMER PELLO, P.
POITENA, Caio (WSU) def. LOUGHNAN, Jordan/LANE, Ryan (NC) 8-5
3. HINTZE, Dave
GARNER, Ryan (WSU) def. CARLSON, Jeff/MOYA, Michael (NC) 8-5
Northern Colorado 2-5; 1-4 BSC
Weber State 4-5; 2-1 BSC
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars looking...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 182
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 38
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 31