Jessica Hill, Associated Press
HARTFORD, Conn. — Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis scored 15 of her 17 points in the first half and fourth-ranked Connecticut beat No. 23 Rutgers 49-34 on Sunday night in the quarterfinals of the Big East tournament.
The third-seeded Huskies (27-4) will face second-seed St. John's in the semifinals Monday night. The Red Storm ended the Huskies' 99-game home winning streak on Feb. 18. UConn then proceeded to lose to No. 3 Notre Dame last Monday night, marking the first time in 19 years the Huskies lost consecutive home games.
With the victory, UConn (27-4) avoided seeing two more of its streaks end. The Huskies still haven't lost consecutive games in 19 years. They also haven't been beaten three straight times at home since that same season.
Erica Wheeler scored 13 points to lead Rutgers (22-9).
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 64
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22