2. Morgan Anderson (BYU) def. Elena Fayner (SMU), 6-3, 6-3
3. Heather Steinbauer (SMU) def. Megan Price (BYU), 7-5, 6-4
4. Meghan Sheehan-Dizon (BYU) def. Ashley Turpin (SMU), 6-1, 6-3
5. Aubrey Paul (BYU) def. Perri Anderson (SMU), 6-2, 6-1
6. Kris Roberts (SMU) def. Lisa Waldron (BYU), 6-3, 6-1
1. M. Price/D. Tran (BYU) def. E. Cieplucha/H. Steinbauer (SMU), 8-2
2. M. Sheehan-Dizon/M. Anderson (BYU) def. A. Turpin/E. Fayner (SMU), 8-4
3. K. Roberts/P. Anderson (SMU) def. A. Paul/L. Waldron (BYU), 9-8(3)
TRACK & FIELD: At Seattle, Utah State senior Kim Quinn set a new USU record in the 3,000m after finishing in ninth-place with a time of 9.41.93, while fellow senior Sonia Grabowska won the pole vault [4.09m (13-05.00)] at the University of Washington Final Qualifier in Seattle, Wash., Saturday.
Senior Daniel Howell also competed well as he placed fifth in the men's 3,000m with a personal-best and Western Athletic Conference season-best time of 8:05.30. With the time, Howell moved up to No. 2 in the Aggie record books.
Utah State did not have any student-athletes reach automatic qualifying marks during the 2012 season and will wait to see who will be invited to the 2012 NCAA Indoor Championships at Jacksons Track in Nampa, Idaho on March 8-11. The field will be announced on Monday, March 5 by the NCAA Division I Men's and Women's Track and Field Committee.
This Aggie trio each hold at least one Utah State track and field record. In addition to the 3,000m record, Quinn also holds the record in the outdoor 10,000m (35:29.82), while Grabowska holds both the indoor and outdoor records in the pole vault with marks of 4.25m (13-11.25) and 4.21m (13-09.75), respectively. Howell set a new record in the men's indoor 5,000m earlier this year with a time of 14:04.25.
In 2011, Grabowska and former USU standout high jumper Clint Silcock respresented the Aggies at the NCAA Indoor Championships. Grabowska was unable to record a height in the pole vault and was named an honorable mention All-American. Grabowska also competed at the 2009 NCAA Indoor Championships where she placed 15th.
*UTAH STATE RESULTS*
3,000m - 9. Kim Quinn, 9:41.93
Pole Vault - 1. Sonia Grabowska, 4.09m (13-05.00)
3,000m - 5. Daniel Howell, 8:05.30
WOMEN'S TENNIS: At Logan, the Aggies earned a 6-1 win over Seattle University at the Logan Sports Academy and Racquet Club on Saturday.
Action got underway with doubles action with junior Jaci West and freshman McKenzie Davis continuing their hold of the No. 1 position and taking down Seattle's Katrina Schwab and Corinne Wurden (8-0). Junior Kristina Voytsekovich and senior Romina Nedakovic defeated Anna Lambert and Lindsey Newman (8-2), while senior Brianna Rowland (Harris) and freshman Kimberly Watts wrapped things up with a win over Gabriella Weissman and Sarah Lucas (8-6).
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 109
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 80
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33