2. Morgan Anderson (BYU) def. Elena Fayner (SMU), 6-3, 6-3
3. Heather Steinbauer (SMU) def. Megan Price (BYU), 7-5, 6-4
4. Meghan Sheehan-Dizon (BYU) def. Ashley Turpin (SMU), 6-1, 6-3
5. Aubrey Paul (BYU) def. Perri Anderson (SMU), 6-2, 6-1
6. Kris Roberts (SMU) def. Lisa Waldron (BYU), 6-3, 6-1
1. M. Price/D. Tran (BYU) def. E. Cieplucha/H. Steinbauer (SMU), 8-2
2. M. Sheehan-Dizon/M. Anderson (BYU) def. A. Turpin/E. Fayner (SMU), 8-4
3. K. Roberts/P. Anderson (SMU) def. A. Paul/L. Waldron (BYU), 9-8(3)
TRACK & FIELD: At Seattle, Utah State senior Kim Quinn set a new USU record in the 3,000m after finishing in ninth-place with a time of 9.41.93, while fellow senior Sonia Grabowska won the pole vault [4.09m (13-05.00)] at the University of Washington Final Qualifier in Seattle, Wash., Saturday.
Senior Daniel Howell also competed well as he placed fifth in the men's 3,000m with a personal-best and Western Athletic Conference season-best time of 8:05.30. With the time, Howell moved up to No. 2 in the Aggie record books.
Utah State did not have any student-athletes reach automatic qualifying marks during the 2012 season and will wait to see who will be invited to the 2012 NCAA Indoor Championships at Jacksons Track in Nampa, Idaho on March 8-11. The field will be announced on Monday, March 5 by the NCAA Division I Men's and Women's Track and Field Committee.
This Aggie trio each hold at least one Utah State track and field record. In addition to the 3,000m record, Quinn also holds the record in the outdoor 10,000m (35:29.82), while Grabowska holds both the indoor and outdoor records in the pole vault with marks of 4.25m (13-11.25) and 4.21m (13-09.75), respectively. Howell set a new record in the men's indoor 5,000m earlier this year with a time of 14:04.25.
In 2011, Grabowska and former USU standout high jumper Clint Silcock respresented the Aggies at the NCAA Indoor Championships. Grabowska was unable to record a height in the pole vault and was named an honorable mention All-American. Grabowska also competed at the 2009 NCAA Indoor Championships where she placed 15th.
*UTAH STATE RESULTS*
3,000m - 9. Kim Quinn, 9:41.93
Pole Vault - 1. Sonia Grabowska, 4.09m (13-05.00)
3,000m - 5. Daniel Howell, 8:05.30
WOMEN'S TENNIS: At Logan, the Aggies earned a 6-1 win over Seattle University at the Logan Sports Academy and Racquet Club on Saturday.
Action got underway with doubles action with junior Jaci West and freshman McKenzie Davis continuing their hold of the No. 1 position and taking down Seattle's Katrina Schwab and Corinne Wurden (8-0). Junior Kristina Voytsekovich and senior Romina Nedakovic defeated Anna Lambert and Lindsey Newman (8-2), while senior Brianna Rowland (Harris) and freshman Kimberly Watts wrapped things up with a win over Gabriella Weissman and Sarah Lucas (8-6).
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28