ONTARIO, Calif. — The Ontario Reign defeated the Utah Grizzlies 5-1 Saturday at Citizens Business Bank Arena.
The Grizzlies return from their 10-game road trip — the longest of the season — Monday to start a four-game in six-night home stand, starting with the Reign.
Ryan Watson's first professional goal with 2:52 left in the third period got Utah on the scoreboard. Ross Carlson and Cody Lampl picked up assists.
Utah outshot Ontario 17-4 in the third period and drew six power-plays in the final frame, but was unable to muster anything past Ontario goaltender Chris Carrozzi until then. Overall, Utah outshot the Reign 25-11 in the final two periods, but was unable to cut into a 2-0 deficit to start the second period.
Ontario led from the 1:00 mark of the first period when they scored on a two-on-one.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26