ONTARIO, Calif. — The Ontario Reign defeated the Utah Grizzlies 5-1 Saturday at Citizens Business Bank Arena.
The Grizzlies return from their 10-game road trip — the longest of the season — Monday to start a four-game in six-night home stand, starting with the Reign.
Ryan Watson's first professional goal with 2:52 left in the third period got Utah on the scoreboard. Ross Carlson and Cody Lampl picked up assists.
Utah outshot Ontario 17-4 in the third period and drew six power-plays in the final frame, but was unable to muster anything past Ontario goaltender Chris Carrozzi until then. Overall, Utah outshot the Reign 25-11 in the final two periods, but was unable to cut into a 2-0 deficit to start the second period.
Ontario led from the 1:00 mark of the first period when they scored on a two-on-one.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 51
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 42
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 11
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8