ONTARIO, Calif. — The Ontario Reign defeated the Utah Grizzlies 5-1 Saturday at Citizens Business Bank Arena.
The Grizzlies return from their 10-game road trip — the longest of the season — Monday to start a four-game in six-night home stand, starting with the Reign.
Ryan Watson's first professional goal with 2:52 left in the third period got Utah on the scoreboard. Ross Carlson and Cody Lampl picked up assists.
Utah outshot Ontario 17-4 in the third period and drew six power-plays in the final frame, but was unable to muster anything past Ontario goaltender Chris Carrozzi until then. Overall, Utah outshot the Reign 25-11 in the final two periods, but was unable to cut into a 2-0 deficit to start the second period.
Ontario led from the 1:00 mark of the first period when they scored on a two-on-one.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48