ONTARIO, Calif. — The Ontario Reign defeated the Utah Grizzlies 5-1 Saturday at Citizens Business Bank Arena.
The Grizzlies return from their 10-game road trip — the longest of the season — Monday to start a four-game in six-night home stand, starting with the Reign.
Ryan Watson's first professional goal with 2:52 left in the third period got Utah on the scoreboard. Ross Carlson and Cody Lampl picked up assists.
Utah outshot Ontario 17-4 in the third period and drew six power-plays in the final frame, but was unable to muster anything past Ontario goaltender Chris Carrozzi until then. Overall, Utah outshot the Reign 25-11 in the final two periods, but was unable to cut into a 2-0 deficit to start the second period.
Ontario led from the 1:00 mark of the first period when they scored on a two-on-one.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21