PORTLAND, Ore. — Kevin Love scored a season-high 42 points and added 10 rebounds, and the Minnesota Timberwolves snapped a 16-game losing streak to the Portland Trail Blazers with a 122-110 victory on Saturday night.
The Timberwolves had not defeated the Blazers since a 94-93 victory at home on March 25, 2007. The Timberwolves hadn't won in Portland since Dec. 7, 2005, a string of 11 straight games.
Love was just one shy of his career-best 43 points scored at Denver on Dec. 18, 2010.
Former Blazers swingman Martel Webster added 21 points and eight rebounds for the Timberwolves.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 41
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26