Jason Redmond, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Lazeric Jones scored 20 points, twice hitting go-ahead baskets in the final 8:39, and UCLA defeated Washington 75-69 on Saturday to prevent the Huskies from clinching the Pac-12 regular-season title outright.
Travis Wear had 16 points and 10 rebounds, and Tyler Lamb added 14 points for the Bruins (18-13, 11-7), who were picked to win the league title but have stumbled through a disappointing season. Unless they win next week's Pac-12 tournament, they're destined to miss the NCAA tournament for the second time in three years.
C.J. Wilcox scored 22 points and Terrence Ross added 14 for the Huskies (21-9, 14-4). The loss allows second-place California to grab a share of the league title with a win at Stanford on Sunday.
California also would earn the league tournament's top seed by virtue of a tiebreak because the Golden Bears beat the Huskies in their only regular-season meeting.
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 47
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27