Jason Redmond, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Lazeric Jones scored 20 points, twice hitting go-ahead baskets in the final 8:39, and UCLA defeated Washington 75-69 on Saturday to prevent the Huskies from clinching the Pac-12 regular-season title outright.
Travis Wear had 16 points and 10 rebounds, and Tyler Lamb added 14 points for the Bruins (18-13, 11-7), who were picked to win the league title but have stumbled through a disappointing season. Unless they win next week's Pac-12 tournament, they're destined to miss the NCAA tournament for the second time in three years.
C.J. Wilcox scored 22 points and Terrence Ross added 14 for the Huskies (21-9, 14-4). The loss allows second-place California to grab a share of the league title with a win at Stanford on Sunday.
California also would earn the league tournament's top seed by virtue of a tiebreak because the Golden Bears beat the Huskies in their only regular-season meeting.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 42
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26