Jason Redmond, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — Lazeric Jones scored 20 points, twice hitting go-ahead baskets in the final 8:39, and UCLA defeated Washington 75-69 on Saturday to prevent the Huskies from clinching the Pac-12 regular-season title outright.
Travis Wear had 16 points and 10 rebounds, and Tyler Lamb added 14 points for the Bruins (18-13, 11-7), who were picked to win the league title but have stumbled through a disappointing season. Unless they win next week's Pac-12 tournament, they're destined to miss the NCAA tournament for the second time in three years.
C.J. Wilcox scored 22 points and Terrence Ross added 14 for the Huskies (21-9, 14-4). The loss allows second-place California to grab a share of the league title with a win at Stanford on Sunday.
California also would earn the league tournament's top seed by virtue of a tiebreak because the Golden Bears beat the Huskies in their only regular-season meeting.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19