WACO, Texas — Brittney Griner scored a career-high 41 points and top-ranked Baylor completed its first undefeated regular season with a 77-53 win over Iowa State on Saturday.
The Lady Bears (31-0, 18-0 Big 12) stretched their home winning streak to 40 games in a row.
Iowa State made seven 3-pointers before halftime, including Chelsea Poppens' in the final minute that tied the game at 32. The Cyclones (18-11, 9-9) still led 40-38 after Griner made a short jumper and Baylor coach Kim Mulkey called timeout.
Baylor then forced three turnovers in less than a minute. They went ahead on a reverse layup by Destiny Williams and never trailed again, then added a 20-4 run soon after that.
Griner's previous career high was 40 points, against Green Bay in last year's NCAA tournament. She made 15 of 18 field goals and 11 of 13 free throws against Iowa State, plus had eight rebounds.
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43