WACO, Texas — Brittney Griner scored a career-high 41 points and top-ranked Baylor completed its first undefeated regular season with a 77-53 win over Iowa State on Saturday.
The Lady Bears (31-0, 18-0 Big 12) stretched their home winning streak to 40 games in a row.
Iowa State made seven 3-pointers before halftime, including Chelsea Poppens' in the final minute that tied the game at 32. The Cyclones (18-11, 9-9) still led 40-38 after Griner made a short jumper and Baylor coach Kim Mulkey called timeout.
Baylor then forced three turnovers in less than a minute. They went ahead on a reverse layup by Destiny Williams and never trailed again, then added a 20-4 run soon after that.
Griner's previous career high was 40 points, against Green Bay in last year's NCAA tournament. She made 15 of 18 field goals and 11 of 13 free throws against Iowa State, plus had eight rebounds.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32