WACO, Texas — Brittney Griner scored a career-high 41 points and top-ranked Baylor completed its first undefeated regular season with a 77-53 win over Iowa State on Saturday.
The Lady Bears (31-0, 18-0 Big 12) stretched their home winning streak to 40 games in a row.
Iowa State made seven 3-pointers before halftime, including Chelsea Poppens' in the final minute that tied the game at 32. The Cyclones (18-11, 9-9) still led 40-38 after Griner made a short jumper and Baylor coach Kim Mulkey called timeout.
Baylor then forced three turnovers in less than a minute. They went ahead on a reverse layup by Destiny Williams and never trailed again, then added a 20-4 run soon after that.
Griner's previous career high was 40 points, against Green Bay in last year's NCAA tournament. She made 15 of 18 field goals and 11 of 13 free throws against Iowa State, plus had eight rebounds.
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- Dick Harmon: Regardless of circusmtances,...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 132
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 37
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 35
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21