WACO, Texas — Brittney Griner scored a career-high 41 points and top-ranked Baylor completed its first undefeated regular season with a 77-53 win over Iowa State on Saturday.
The Lady Bears (31-0, 18-0 Big 12) stretched their home winning streak to 40 games in a row.
Iowa State made seven 3-pointers before halftime, including Chelsea Poppens' in the final minute that tied the game at 32. The Cyclones (18-11, 9-9) still led 40-38 after Griner made a short jumper and Baylor coach Kim Mulkey called timeout.
Baylor then forced three turnovers in less than a minute. They went ahead on a reverse layup by Destiny Williams and never trailed again, then added a 20-4 run soon after that.
Griner's previous career high was 40 points, against Green Bay in last year's NCAA tournament. She made 15 of 18 field goals and 11 of 13 free throws against Iowa State, plus had eight rebounds.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19