ONTARIO, Calif. – The Ontario Reign defeated the Utah Grizzlies 8-3 Friday night at Citizens Business Bank Arena.
Utah took a 1-0 lead as Nick Tuzzolino hacked in a loose puck just 53 seconds into the contest, before Ontario tied it 20 seconds later as they started a string of four-straight first-period goals.
The Grizzlies made it 4-2 27 seconds after Ontario took a 4-1 lead at 10:47 of the first period as Logan MacMillan (10) slammed in a puck after Mitch Wahl clanged the post. Paul McIlveen picked up the second of his three assists on the night.
Ontario tacked on three in the second, including two 20 seconds apart at 15:12 and 15:32 to make it a 7-2 contest.
Mitch Wahl made it 7-3 crashing the net for his 16th goal of the year on a blast from Matt Sorteberg.
Andrew Engelage entered the game for Jimmy Spratt at the start of the third period and stopped eight of nine shots.
Utah and the Reign complete their weekend series today at 7:05 p.m.
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 64
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14