ONTARIO, Calif. – The Ontario Reign defeated the Utah Grizzlies 8-3 Friday night at Citizens Business Bank Arena.
Utah took a 1-0 lead as Nick Tuzzolino hacked in a loose puck just 53 seconds into the contest, before Ontario tied it 20 seconds later as they started a string of four-straight first-period goals.
The Grizzlies made it 4-2 27 seconds after Ontario took a 4-1 lead at 10:47 of the first period as Logan MacMillan (10) slammed in a puck after Mitch Wahl clanged the post. Paul McIlveen picked up the second of his three assists on the night.
Ontario tacked on three in the second, including two 20 seconds apart at 15:12 and 15:32 to make it a 7-2 contest.
Mitch Wahl made it 7-3 crashing the net for his 16th goal of the year on a blast from Matt Sorteberg.
Andrew Engelage entered the game for Jimmy Spratt at the start of the third period and stopped eight of nine shots.
Utah and the Reign complete their weekend series today at 7:05 p.m.
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 64
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 39
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20