GRAND FORKS, N.D. — Already assured of its second straight Great West Conference regular season title, Utah Valley University wraps up the regular season at North Dakota Saturday.
The Wolverines' (20-10, 9-0) bid for an unbeaten conference season and for their 14th straight win comes against the Fighting Sioux (14-14, 5-4), a team that is undefeated at home in GWC action, including two wins over the weekend against Houston Baptist and Texas-Pan American.
"North Dakota played terrific basketball at home against the Texas schools. They really shot the ball well and gained a lot of confidence," said UVU coach Dick Hunsaker. "It's Senior Night there, the last home game of the season, and we know we have a very stiff challenge ahead of us."
Utah Valley's current 13-game, school-record win streak ranks as the third-longest current streak in the nation while the 20-win season in the program's first since 2006-07, a year the Wolverines went 22-7.
A home win last Thursday over Houston Baptist, 75-56, helped UVU clinch at least a share of the conference title before a 74-64 win over Texas-Pan American two days later crowned the Wolverines outright as the conference's first two-time and back-to-back champions.
Against UTPA, Isiah Williams scored 28 and Geddes Robinson scored 15 points and hauled in 16 boards. Williams was named the GWC Player of the Week after averaging 21.5 points in the two victories.
After Saturday's game, UVU will prep for the GWC Tournament where the Wolverines will advance to the semifinals on Friday at noon CT and face the winner of the No. 4 vs. No. 5-seeded game.
Wolverines on the air
Utah Valley (20-10, 9-0)
at N. Dakota (14-14, 5-4)
Saturday, March 3rd, 1 p.m.
Radio: 960 AM
- The 1995 NBA draft redone: Was Greg Ostertag...
- Morning links: BYU signee shot in arm;...
- Utah Jazz: Brazilian point guard Raul Neto...
- Jazz fan favorite Jeremy Evans' era in Utah...
- So far, Dante Exum appears to be bigger and...
- Dick Harmon: A more confident Robert Anae...
- Hatfield suspended from U. football program...
- Hoffman, Collie or Doughty: Which local...
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 107
- Morning links: BYU signee shot in arm;... 36
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder... 35
- Dick Harmon: A more confident Robert... 29
- BYU Cougars finish year with five... 28
- Utah football player Dominique Hatfield... 27
- Utah Utes enjoy banner year as seven... 19
- Hatfield suspended from U. football... 18