A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
Oakland Interstake Center: "Lamb of God" musical performance, April 6-8, 7 p.m., auditorium (tickets required, see www.LambOfGodOakland.com" )
Bay Area Genesis Group: Fireside, "Blacks in the Scriptures," March 25, 7 p.m., chapel at Interstake Center, 4780 Lincoln Ave., Oakland
BYU— Idaho (Rexburg): "Bring Forth My Zion," featuring choirs and orchestra in the BYU-Idaho Center, March 9 (tickets available by www.byui.edu/centerstage, www.byui.edu/tickets or by calling 208-496-3170)
Washington D.C. Temple Visitors' Center: Art Exhibit Black History Month, daily, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.; textile exhibit, "Family Ties," daily, March 10-April 30; Alta High School Choir, March 3, 7:30 p.m.; Paul Cardall in concert, March 10, 7 p.m.; "Why I Believe" fireside, Paul Cardall, March 11; Night of Music and Inspiration, March 20, 7:30 p.m.; Heart of Maryland Chorus, March 24, 7 p.m.; Mormon Orchestra Spring Concert, March 25, 7 p.m. (see www.mormon.org/dc)
Independence Visitors Center: "Witnesses of Christ," art exhibit by Liz Lemon Swindle, through April 30, Independence Visitors Center, 927 W. Walnut, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. (call 816-836-3477 for information)
Kansas City Missouri Temple: Open house, April 7-21, (tickets required, see kansascitymormontemple.org); dedication, May 6 (tickets from a bishop or branch president required)
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- Would BYU honor code be better with an...
- Faith and fame: Former 'Dancing With the...
- Elder and Sister Renlund speak during BYU...
- LDS Church outlines how it prevents child...
- Mormon man's rap album hits No. 1 spot on...
- One year ago, founding member of SEAL Team...
- Sister Linda K. Burton speaks at BYU Women's...
- LDS Church hires assistant church historian...
- Would BYU honor code be better with an... 78
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Defending the Faith: Taking a 'Leap of... 36
- New poll finds Americans less likely to... 33
- ... 31
- Should your boss know that you keep the... 26
- Kasich calls for balance on gay rights,... 19