Chris Pizzello, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Mariah Carey made her return to the stage since giving birth to twins in diva-like form: She changed her shoes after singing two songs and touched up her hair and make-up in a one-sleeve black dress.
Carey gave birth to fraternal twins via C-section in April. She performed for a few hundred people Thursday night at New York's Gotham Hall.
Of her return she said: "I didn't realize this was a big deal."
The concert was one of four shows Thursday dubbed "Plot Your Escape: Four Concerts. Countless Celebrities. 1 Epic Night," by Caesars Entertainment.
Diddy joined Carey in New York, while Lil Wayne and Cee Lo performed in Los Angeles, Maroon 5 and Sara Bareilles in Chicago, and Mary J. Blige and Gavin DeGraw in New Orleans.
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Rubber chickens, afros and clowns: A look at...
- 35 arrested in Oakland after protest march
- These two things are helping California's...
- In Britain, US turkey dinner is big for business
- Ferguson protesters across US peaceful,...
- Evangelicals with gay children challenging...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Ferguson businesses torched in... 17
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Obama heads to Chicago to pitch... 13
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 12