Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
I heard Sen. Orrin Hatch inform a group of supporters that a third of the delegates at the convention that unseated Sen. Bob Bennett in 2008 were actually Libertarians who had registered as Republicans. If mainstream Republicans want Hatch to make it past the Republican State Convention, they should show up for their caucus meetings and either get elected or support pro-Hatch people to serve as delegates at the Republican State Convention. The caucus locations are arranged by Utah State Legislative Districts.
J. David Baxter
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: A global warming solution to grow...
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 64
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 63
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 37
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 35