Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
I heard Sen. Orrin Hatch inform a group of supporters that a third of the delegates at the convention that unseated Sen. Bob Bennett in 2008 were actually Libertarians who had registered as Republicans. If mainstream Republicans want Hatch to make it past the Republican State Convention, they should show up for their caucus meetings and either get elected or support pro-Hatch people to serve as delegates at the Republican State Convention. The caucus locations are arranged by Utah State Legislative Districts.
J. David Baxter
Salt Lake City
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 38
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 29
- Letter: Acting presidential 26
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 25
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22