Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
I heard Sen. Orrin Hatch inform a group of supporters that a third of the delegates at the convention that unseated Sen. Bob Bennett in 2008 were actually Libertarians who had registered as Republicans. If mainstream Republicans want Hatch to make it past the Republican State Convention, they should show up for their caucus meetings and either get elected or support pro-Hatch people to serve as delegates at the Republican State Convention. The caucus locations are arranged by Utah State Legislative Districts.
J. David Baxter
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Letter: A 'dying' document
- John Florez: Education — Big government...
- In our opinion: With caucus compromise, Utah...
- Letter: Religious freedom
- In our opinion: Prison relocation iffy
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 67
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 31
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 29
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21