Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
I heard Sen. Orrin Hatch inform a group of supporters that a third of the delegates at the convention that unseated Sen. Bob Bennett in 2008 were actually Libertarians who had registered as Republicans. If mainstream Republicans want Hatch to make it past the Republican State Convention, they should show up for their caucus meetings and either get elected or support pro-Hatch people to serve as delegates at the Republican State Convention. The caucus locations are arranged by Utah State Legislative Districts.
J. David Baxter
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and immigration...
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- In our opinion: California considering bold...
- John Florez: If elephants can dance so can...
- Letter: Come together
- Letter: Reducing teacher load
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired...
- Letter: Shooter's motives 36
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 30
- In our opinion: California considering... 29
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and... 22
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on... 19
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired... 17
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 17