Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
I heard Sen. Orrin Hatch inform a group of supporters that a third of the delegates at the convention that unseated Sen. Bob Bennett in 2008 were actually Libertarians who had registered as Republicans. If mainstream Republicans want Hatch to make it past the Republican State Convention, they should show up for their caucus meetings and either get elected or support pro-Hatch people to serve as delegates at the Republican State Convention. The caucus locations are arranged by Utah State Legislative Districts.
J. David Baxter
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 65
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 44
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- Letter: Acting on immigration 39
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26