RSL FALLS SHY OF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
TUCSON, Ariz. — The New England Revolution advanced to the championship game of the Desert Diamond Cup thanks to a 2-1 victory over Real Salt Lake at Kino Stadium on Wednesday, their third straight win in the tournament.
Forward Diego Fagundez scored just eight minutes in off a feed from strike partner Zack Schilawski. Three minutes later, RSL equalized thanks to a laser from the top right corner of the box by midfielder Nico Muñiz.
But the Revs secured the victory in the 56th minute on a header by New England trialist Bj?n Runstrom.
BLAZE ADD MORE 2-DAY PROSPECTS
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Blaze have been assigned quarterback Colin Clancy and defensive end Matt LaGrone.
SPORTS MALL HOSTS WHEELCHAIR TENNIS CAMP
MURRAY — The 2012 All Comers Wheelchair Tennis Camp will run Thursday through Sunday at the Sports Mall (5445 S. 900 East). The camp, which is being held in honor of the 10th anniversary of the 2002 Salt Lake Paralympic Winter Games, provides instruction, coaching and awareness for wheelchair tennis.
The camp is for players of all skill levels who have permanent disabling conditions that require the use of a wheelchair for sport involvement. Dan James, United States Tennis Association (USTA) National Manger for Wheelchair Tennis, will conduct the camp.
— Deseret News wire reports
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 71
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 26
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14