RSL FALLS SHY OF CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
TUCSON, Ariz. — The New England Revolution advanced to the championship game of the Desert Diamond Cup thanks to a 2-1 victory over Real Salt Lake at Kino Stadium on Wednesday, their third straight win in the tournament.
Forward Diego Fagundez scored just eight minutes in off a feed from strike partner Zack Schilawski. Three minutes later, RSL equalized thanks to a laser from the top right corner of the box by midfielder Nico Muñiz.
But the Revs secured the victory in the 56th minute on a header by New England trialist Bj?n Runstrom.
BLAZE ADD MORE 2-DAY PROSPECTS
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Blaze have been assigned quarterback Colin Clancy and defensive end Matt LaGrone.
SPORTS MALL HOSTS WHEELCHAIR TENNIS CAMP
MURRAY — The 2012 All Comers Wheelchair Tennis Camp will run Thursday through Sunday at the Sports Mall (5445 S. 900 East). The camp, which is being held in honor of the 10th anniversary of the 2002 Salt Lake Paralympic Winter Games, provides instruction, coaching and awareness for wheelchair tennis.
The camp is for players of all skill levels who have permanent disabling conditions that require the use of a wheelchair for sport involvement. Dan James, United States Tennis Association (USTA) National Manger for Wheelchair Tennis, will conduct the camp.
— Deseret News wire reports
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Christian Stewart writes final chapter on...
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A decade...
- High school sports: Nearly 650 athletes...
- Jazz in talks with German center Pleiss,...
- Utah Jazz bolster coaching staff on first day...
- Ranking the best free agents in the NBA
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 61
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 50
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 27
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 24
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 23
- Jazz not expected to be a major player... 13