Utah Jazz: Paul Millsap, Raja Bell out with injuries tonight against the Houston Rockets
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will be down two starters for tonight's home game against the Houston Rockets.
Both Paul Millsap and Raja Bell will be sidelined for the 7 p.m. tip at EnergySolutions Arena. The Jazz will also be without backup point guard Jamaal Tinsley, who has stomach flu.
Millsap was examined today by team orthopedist Dr. Lyle Mason after injuring his left foot Tuesday in Sacramento. The good news is that X-rays taken of Millsaps severely bruised left heel were negative. He was ruled out, however, and will miss his first game this season.
Bell will miss his fourth straight game because of his strained left adductor. He hopes to be back by Friday's game against Miami.
In their place, Josh Howard and Derrick Favors will start for the struggling Jazz. Other starters include Devin Harris, Gordon Hayward and Al Jefferson.
Utah (15-18) is hoping to snap a four-game losing streak, which incidentally began against the Rockets in Houston a week ago Sunday.
NBA dunk champion Jeremy Evans along with Rising Stars Hayward and Favors will all be honored before the game by Jazz brass and Utah Gov. Gary Herbert.
- Will BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson play vs....
- Ranking the best season by a quarterback in...
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks about...
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on the...
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks off...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- College football predictions: How will... 137
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 62
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36