Utah Jazz: Paul Millsap, Raja Bell out with injuries tonight against the Houston Rockets
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will be down two starters for tonight's home game against the Houston Rockets.
Both Paul Millsap and Raja Bell will be sidelined for the 7 p.m. tip at EnergySolutions Arena. The Jazz will also be without backup point guard Jamaal Tinsley, who has stomach flu.
Millsap was examined today by team orthopedist Dr. Lyle Mason after injuring his left foot Tuesday in Sacramento. The good news is that X-rays taken of Millsaps severely bruised left heel were negative. He was ruled out, however, and will miss his first game this season.
Bell will miss his fourth straight game because of his strained left adductor. He hopes to be back by Friday's game against Miami.
In their place, Josh Howard and Derrick Favors will start for the struggling Jazz. Other starters include Devin Harris, Gordon Hayward and Al Jefferson.
Utah (15-18) is hoping to snap a four-game losing streak, which incidentally began against the Rockets in Houston a week ago Sunday.
NBA dunk champion Jeremy Evans along with Rising Stars Hayward and Favors will all be honored before the game by Jazz brass and Utah Gov. Gary Herbert.
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss to...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 37
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30