Utah Jazz: Paul Millsap, Raja Bell out with injuries tonight against the Houston Rockets
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz will be down two starters for tonight's home game against the Houston Rockets.
Both Paul Millsap and Raja Bell will be sidelined for the 7 p.m. tip at EnergySolutions Arena. The Jazz will also be without backup point guard Jamaal Tinsley, who has stomach flu.
Millsap was examined today by team orthopedist Dr. Lyle Mason after injuring his left foot Tuesday in Sacramento. The good news is that X-rays taken of Millsaps severely bruised left heel were negative. He was ruled out, however, and will miss his first game this season.
Bell will miss his fourth straight game because of his strained left adductor. He hopes to be back by Friday's game against Miami.
In their place, Josh Howard and Derrick Favors will start for the struggling Jazz. Other starters include Devin Harris, Gordon Hayward and Al Jefferson.
Utah (15-18) is hoping to snap a four-game losing streak, which incidentally began against the Rockets in Houston a week ago Sunday.
NBA dunk champion Jeremy Evans along with Rising Stars Hayward and Favors will all be honored before the game by Jazz brass and Utah Gov. Gary Herbert.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 26