CHICAGO — Derrick Rose scored 32 points, including the go-ahead jumper with 19.4 seconds left, and the Chicago Bulls closed with an 8-0 run to beat the New Orleans Hornets 99-95 Tuesday night.
Joakim Noah had 15 points and 16 rebounds for the Bulls and Carlos Boozer and Luol Deng added 14 points apiece. Rose scored six points in Chicago's final run.
Chris Kaman had 17 points and 11 rebounds for the Hornets and Trevor Ariza scored 16 points.
The Hornets stunned the Bulls by scoring 13 consecutive points to turn a nine-point deficit into a four-point lead with 1:26 left before Rose rescued Chicago.
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43